There Shall Be No Religious Test....

Haiku

Makes the ganglia twitch.
Found this and am surprised that my state is one of those that don't understand the constitution. Guess I have to start agitating!

"No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." Oh really?

See image [SUB]here[/SUB].

I guess these states did not get the memo. The Constitutional memo.

Atheists are the most hated minority in America. One has to wonder why that is?

Could you imagine states adopting similar bans against Jews, or Blacks, or Mormons?

http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/2012/05/no-religious-test-shall-ever-be.html

Pennsylvania and Maryland banning atheists comes as a bit of a surprise. The other five states mentioned - not shocked at all.

That's pretty much what I thought. It's amazing that any state has this law as it's clearly unconstitutional.

Sure...but my guess is these statutes haven't been enforced in at least 100 years. There are a lot of crazy laws on the books; these are no exception.

Sure...but my guess is these statutes haven't been enforced in at least 100 years. There are a lot of crazy laws on the books; these are no exception.

true, but they were unconstitutional when they were first enacted.
100 years and they are still on the books?
A bit slow...

Why I think the total number of laws should be frozen.
If you want a new on an old one should have to go.

That's pretty much what I thought. It's amazing that any state has this law as it's clearly unconstitutional.

if memory serves me correctly, I think those laws (at least in a few of those states, may have been sidelined already), In any case, yes, we are surrounded by proles and religious enablers who contribute to irrational thinking and the belief in delusions, what else is new :/

Back