Things to do for Congress

If they are going to arrogantly believe that they need to micro manage every aspect of American life, how about correcting some real wrongs. Fuck steroids in sports. How pointless is that.

someone finally explained to me why the hell congress is doing this.

MLB was granted an exemption from the Sherman anti-trust law. In short, they are granted an exclusive monopoly for purposes of interstate commerce. The price of that exemption is congressional oversight of the internal rules and regulations of MLB.

Its still stupid.

MLB was granted an exemption from the Sherman anti-trust law. In short, they are granted an exclusive monopoly for purposes of interstate commerce. The price of that exemption is congressional oversight of the internal rules and regulations of MLB.

Its still stupid.
I thought everybody knew that! Weird...

Its still stupid.

Not really. They were granted no monopoly and nothing has truly made them exempt.

http://www.brookings.edu/articles/2003/fall_competitiveness_zimbalist.aspx

BTW, I do actually think you could be charged with DUI manslaughter if your blood alcohol is 0.1, however ridiculous that may sound (at such low concentrations, it has virtually no effect on the brain, but don't tell MADD that). However, drivers who kill their passengers are also supposed to be charged... so..

Back