Thirteen Democrats Ask For Their States to Be Exempt From New Obamacare Costs

meme

:palm:

December 24, 2009

13 different democratic senators asked for their states to be exempt from Obamacare costs that will be piled on the individual states.

Who can blame them? If Nebraska is exempt, why not others? In fact I wrote both my senators and demanded they exempt Montana. Every state should do so, in the name of fairness.

Of course, that it and other demands to equal all the various other bribes offered will derail the whole damned bill is beside the point.... ;)

Who can blame them? If Nebraska is exempt, why not others? In fact I wrote both my senators and demanded they exempt Montana. Every state should do so, in the name of fairness.

Of course, that it and other demands to equal all the various other bribes offered will derail the whole damned bill is beside the point.... ;)

I'm sure the Feds will figure out a way to persuade those States to change their mind later on. ;)

Let's put them all iln prison where they belong. :D

Is it just my perception or are women becoming hard, tough? Have they lost their softness, their gentleness we associate with the finest quilted toilet tissue?

(EXCERPT) "The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners. At fault, they say, is the US public's insistence on extra-soft, quilted and multi-ply products when they use the bathroom.

"This is a product that we use for less than three seconds and the ecological consequences of manufacturing it from trees is enormous," said Allen Hershkowitz, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defence Council......

"For bath tissue Americans in particular like the softness and strength that virgin fibres provides," Dixon said. "It's the quality and softness the consumers in America have come to expect."

Longer fibres in virgin wood are easier to lay out and fluff up for a softer tissue. Dixon said the company used products from sustainbly farmed forests in Canada.(END)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/feb/26/toilet-roll-america

So the next time you feel that softness against your softness think of Canadians. :D

Do you really want me to say what I think? I don't think so, so don't tempt me.:)

Is it just my perception or are women becoming hard, tough? Have they lost their softness, their gentleness we associate with the finest quilted toilet tissue?

(EXCERPT) "The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners. At fault, they say, is the US public's insistence on extra-soft, quilted and multi-ply products when they use the bathroom.

"This is a product that we use for less than three seconds and the ecological consequences of manufacturing it from trees is enormous," said Allen Hershkowitz, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defence Council......

"For bath tissue Americans in particular like the softness and strength that virgin fibres provides," Dixon said. "It's the quality and softness the consumers in America have come to expect."

Longer fibres in virgin wood are easier to lay out and fluff up for a softer tissue. Dixon said the company used products from sustainbly farmed forests in Canada.(END)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/feb/26/toilet-roll-america

So the next time you feel that softness against your softness think of Canadians. :D

I'm sure the Feds will figure out a way to persuade those States to change their mind later on. ;)
You may think so. there is a long history of the federal government resorting to economic blackmail to enforce a federal regulation that would otherwise not be constitutionally enforceable. The federal 55 MPH speed limit is perhaps the best known, where the federal government threatened to withhold federal highway monies from any state that did not enact a 55 MPH state speed limit.

But gone are the days when the states would meekly submit to those kinds of end-run-around-the-constitution mandates. Montana and several other states have already told the feds where to stick their national ID. Montana is also currently in a full out direct challenge of federal firearms regulations. A couple other states have joined that little challenge of federal authority also.

While the majority of states would likely tuck tail meekly and accept another unconstitutional federal mandate backed by economic blackmail, there are enough who are done with that kind of crap so as to make it no longer a workable tactic.

How soon we forget.

Matthew 5: 43

Matthew 19: 19

Matthew 22: 39

Galatians 5: 14

James 2: 8

Leviticus 19: 18

Mark 12: 31

Romans 13: 9

Now it's wrong to care. :crybaby:

yes, that classic verse, "love your neighbor as yourself so long as you get an exemption from Medicare".....on such as this hangs the law and the prophets......

:palm:

December 24, 2009

13 different democratic senators asked for their states to be exempt from Obamacare costs that will be piled on the individual states.

ironically, this will be the thing that kills Obamacare.....
sent this to the two Democrat senators that consistently do not represent me
The recent health care reform bill exempts Nebraska and Nevada from Medicare expenses that we in Michigan have to pay.

For that life of me I cannot imagine why anyone would agree to something like that, especially when they are supposed to represent the people of a state that consistently falls on the bottom of every list of economic indicators.

If the final bill does not treat all states equally, you have no business still being in the senate.

Last edited:
Back