This Came Up On Facebook

AProudLefty

Black Kitty Ain't Happy
RPpHe7Y.jpg

I gently reminded that Jesus said to render unto Caesar.

swgzXTJ.jpg

Okay. So Jesus (being tricked by trolls during that time), said to pay taxes.

So how do you pay God?

As it says, Jesus did not advocate any political system, so exactly what did he mean by paying taxes and paying God?

RPpHe7Y.jpg

I gently reminded that Jesus said to render unto Caesar.

swgzXTJ.jpg

Okay. So Jesus (being tricked by trolls during that time), said to pay taxes.

So how do you pay God?

As it says, Jesus did not advocate any political system, so exactly what did he mean by paying taxes and paying God?

Where did Jesus refer to paying God?

what evidence exists that suggests Jesus was talking about paying taxes? what if he was referring to returning the coins that ceasar created to extract more wealth from the people?

what evidence exists that suggests Jesus was talking about paying taxes? what if he was referring to returning the coins that ceasar created to extract more wealth from the people?

Nothing about paying God.

15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not?”

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not?”

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

No idea what you're talking about. This is why I usually ignore you.

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?

so they were already Ceasars coins, with his image and inscription. they already belonged to him...............wouldn't that mean that Jesus was preaching to use something other than Ceasars coin and to stop giving Ceasar their own property/wealth?

so they were already Ceasars coins, with his image and inscription. they already belonged to him...............wouldn't that mean that Jesus was preaching to use something other than Ceasars coin and to stop giving Ceasar their own property/wealth?

I get it what you mean. Pay the coins to the government. Use something else to pay God, whatever that means.

Are you so dumb that you think "render" means "pay?!"

render
[ˈrendər]
VERB
provide or give (a service, help, etc.).
"money serves as a reward for services rendered" · [more]
synonyms:
give · provide · supply · furnish · make available · contribute · offer · extend · proffer · show · display · exhibit · evince · manifest

If you disagree, explain.

render
[ˈrendər]
VERB
provide or give (a service, help, etc.).
"money serves as a reward for services rendered" · [more]
synonyms:
give · provide · supply · furnish · make available · contribute · offer · extend · proffer · show · display · exhibit · evince · manifest

If you disagree, explain.

I truly think you are too stupid to understand.

Back