This explains it all.

uscitizen

Villified User
Bush Tries to Be Unpopular _ Not Really

Mar 20, 5:57 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (AP) - Who knew? President Bush wants to be unpopular.

Not really, of course, but that's what his press secretary said Thursday.

Spokeswoman Dana Perino was making the case that it's no surprise that Bush has low poll ratings because he is overseeing an unpopular war. But then her argument went off the tracks.

"Both the president and the vice president have long believed, and it's a part of what has made them the leaders that they are, which is not to chase popularity polls but to hold themselves to a standard that requires people not to like them," she said.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080320/D8VHDSPG2.html

funny how th truth slips out :D

You are required not to like him. No wonder I fought it so long. I don't like to be required...

ah it was easy for me I disliked him the momment I heard him speak. I could tell he was a wanker and in short time I read his record and never thought the country would elect him.

Im glad to realise they very well may never have elected the Putz.

I watched the games bush had played in TX and saw pretty much how he would be. But the extent of his depravities exhibited while president suprised me as well.

Wow, look at the lefties shucking, jiving, and twisting again. They just can't get their wits around the idea that some people don't set their philosophies by listening to polls.

Bush Tries to Be Unpopular _ Not Really

Mar 20, 5:57 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (AP) - Who knew? President Bush wants to be unpopular.

Not really, of course, but that's what his press secretary said Thursday.

Spokeswoman Dana Perino was making the case that it's no surprise that Bush has low poll ratings because he is overseeing an unpopular war. But then her argument went off the tracks.

"Both the president and the vice president have long believed, and it's a part of what has made them the leaders that they are, which is not to chase popularity polls but to hold themselves to a standard that requires people not to like them," she said.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080320/D8VHDSPG2.html

funny how th truth slips out :D

Was this after "so what?" Spinning arrogance into "strong leadership".

Back