This is Classic.... Fred Thompson finishes behind Write-in Votes in NH!

CanadianKid

McCain, John GOP 88,466 37%
Romney, Mitt GOP 75,343 32%
Huckabee, Mike GOP 26,768 11%
Giuliani, Rudy GOP 20,395 9%
Paul, Ron GOP 18,303 8%
Total Write-ins GOP 4,342 2%
Thompson, Fred GOP 2,886 1%
Hunter, Duncan GOP 1,220 1%
Keyes, Alan GOP 220 0%

Time for Grandpa to retire, and live off his generous union pension from his evil, liberal Screen Actors Guild

Giuliani, Rudy GOP 20,395 9%
Paul, Ron GOP 18,303 8%
Hunter, Duncan GOP 1,220 1%
Keyes, Alan GOP 220 0%

Link us up numbnuts.

Here's my numbers:

Paul, Ron GOP 21,303 10%
Ghouliani, Rudy GOP 20,395 9%
Hunter, Duncan GOP 0 1%
Keyes, Alan GOP 220 0%

About 40,000 more votes for dems than repubs. WOnder if that number stays like that in NH or if independents move to the right for the general

About 40,000 more votes for dems than repubs. WOnder if that number stays like that in NH or if independents move to the right for the general
Tactical voting. Many will vote in the primary that they are most unlike to vote for the one that they believe will be easiest defeated by the party they most connect with.

In many/most states you have to vote for the candidates in the party in which you are registered.

If NH allows you to cross vote then that may be why McCain won in NH using Damo's logic.

In many/most states you have to vote for the candidates in the party in which you are registered.

If NH allows you to cross vote then that may be why McCain won in NH using Damo's logic.
Independents are allowed to declare a party on the date of the Primary and re-register as Independent before they leave in NH.

And soon it will be in all states as it was found to be a violation of the First Amendment to require that they accept votes from outside their own "assembly".

Independents can only vote for independent party candidates in primaries in KY.
In VA you can cross vote in primaries. I think FL is like KY.

Independents can only vote for independent party candidates in primaries in KY.
In VA you can cross vote in primaries. I think FL is like KY.
In almost all states "Independent" is not a party, it is simply a way to register without declaring a party.

Therefore, in many, you are allowed to declare for a party and vote.

Regardless. My point was that Primaries in the future will all be closed because of the "Right to Assemble".

Seems like you are taliking about the right to exclusively assemble.
No outsiders allowed.

which is fine with me as long as none of my tax dollars are used.

Seems like you are taliking about the right to exclusively assemble.
No outsiders allowed.

which is fine with me as long as none of my tax dollars are used.
That is part of it, and how it was decided. However, Political Parties are public entities so you could not exclude people because of race. You can however exclude people because they belong to a different party.

I probably will not vote in the primary anyway. It will all be done by the time we vote here.
I think the primary should be held on the same day nationwide just like the regular election.

Last edited:
I probably will not vote in the primary anyway. It will all be done by the time we vote here.
I think the primary should be held on the same day nationwide just like the regular election.
I agree. Our Primary is in August.

We are being "counted" among the Super Tuesday groups because we'll be running a straw poll at our caucuses, but it won't count towards delegates.

August! That really sucks. Allthough I think August would be fine for all less crap time between the primary and the final election.

Hmm I wonder what if the people in the states with late primaries just stopped showing up to caucus and vote. Think the party heads would notice ? And would they even care ?

Last edited:
In almost all states "Independent" is not a party, it is simply a way to register without declaring a party.

Therefore, in many, you are allowed to declare for a party and vote.

Regardless. My point was that Primaries in the future will all be closed because of the "Right to Assemble".

I think that if the people of the state want parties to use open or blanket primaries, then any party that does not do so should have to pay for the election... as a private entity. Or they should hold a convention. If the taxpayers are paying for something, they have a right to say so in the matter.

Back