This is why Obama will be re-elected

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane

The same conditions, values and views are still preseint in the Republican party of 2012. Nothing of significance has changed. Powell's logic and reasoning are still acurate and valid and unless there is a significant shift towards the center by the Republican party it will be these same reason as to why Obama will win re-election. I do not expect to see this shift in the Republican party. In fact, if 2010 was any indicator the party itself, even with a moderate candidate like Romney, is shifting even fruther to the right.

It's a crying shame that Mr. Powel did not run for President. I'm pretty sure I would have voted for him on either ticket. It also demonstrates just how bad it's gotten in the Republican party which has gone so far to the right that a man of Mr. Powell's talents and skills would not run in a race in which he would stand a very high probability of winning. I think it's about the most damning thing you can say about the direction the Republican party has taken.

The same conditions, values and views are still preseint in the Republican party of 2012. Nothing of significance has changed. Powell's logic and reasoning are still acurate and valid and unless there is a significant shift towards the center by the Republican party it will be these same reason as to why Obama will win re-election. I do not expect to see this shift in the Republican party. In fact, if 2010 was any indicator the party itself, even with a moderate candidate like Romney, is shifting even fruther to the right.

It's a crying shame that Mr. Powel did not run for President. I'm pretty sure I would have voted for him on either ticket. It also demonstrates just how bad it's gotten in the Republican party which has gone so far to the right that a man of Mr. Powell's talents and skills would not run in a race in which he would stand a very high probability of winning. I think it's about the most damning thing you can say about the direction the Republican party has taken.

General Powell summed it up beautifully.

The Republican Party has gone to Hell. :lol:

We all know that the right represents the interests of corporate power and not the people. So yea... nothing is going to change no matter who Wall Street and Faux 'news' selects to represent them. Powell is right in that respect, but he has no credibility and should have been prosecuted for knowingly lying to the U.N. in order to make a case for Bush's war. He called the info provided by the Bush admin. 'bullshit' but went ahead anyway and lied. There's a lot of blood on his hands. But hey... lying and war profiteering is ok when conservatives are in power.

Point taken but this really isn't about Powell per se but rather that he articulated very clearly the reasons the weaknesses and flaws of the Republican party. What it boils down to is that as dissatisfied with Obama as many in the electorate are, they are more dissatisfied with Repulbicans. The Republican party took a temporary advantage in 2010 and turned it into a big weakness. This short term gain could cost them dearly in the long run.

Back