This Really Hurts The Poor

Agnosticus_Caesar

Fuck You Too
Fish. Since humans have had the brains to do anything, we've caught fish.

Politicians talk about people feeding their families, yet, we continue to look the other way as coal-fired power-plants pumps ridiculous amounts of mercury into our lakes and streams.

Wake up.

I'm going to assume that "ridiculous amounts" is hyperbole for "possibly unsafe amounts"-- this is based solely on the fact that mercury is highly toxic, and that ridiculous amounts of mercury would be hard to ignore.

I thought of something else that hurts the poor--- treating them as a political tool rather than a group of people-- also, providing them with crutches rather than forcing them to make something of themselves.

Also, rocks.

[I'm going to assume that "ridiculous amounts" is hyperbole for "possibly unsafe amounts"-- this is based solely on the fact that mercury is highly toxic, and that ridiculous amounts of mercury would be hard to ignore.]

Not "possibly unsafe levels". KNOWN TO BE UNSAFE. Go to whatever serves as a "conservation agency" in your state, and request a booklet on how much fish, caught in your waterways, is safe to eat. I'm willing to bet that most species will be listed as "on serving per week for healthy, adult males, one serving per month for everyone else. Pregnant women should not have any."

You simply don't want to acknowledge that poor environmental regulations have all but destroyed a vital public resource.

With an investment of about 20 dollars, someone could provide a substantial amount of meals for their family, were it safe to eat fish more than just occasionally.

HUH................?

Politicians talk about people feeding their families, yet, we continue to look the other way as coal-fired power-plants pumps ridiculous amounts of mercury into our lakes and streams.

Wake up.

coal contains mercury?I thought rivers and lakes became infected from refining of the Gold process!

side note:just being a smart ass...however this problem would be solved if the burning of 'Waste Coal' was turned into refining this waste as 'liquid fuel'

Blame the 'Green Peace'activists for this boondoggle!

Last edited:
coal contains mercury?I thought rivers and lakes became infected from refining of the Gold process!

side note:just being a smart ass...however this problem would be solved if the burning of 'Waste Coal' was turned into refining this waste as 'liquid fuel'

Blame the 'Green Peace'activists for this boondoggle!
Uhm, no, it wouldn't be "solved." The mercury is still there Doodlebug. You have to capture and dispose of it, either way.

At the very least, making a liquid fuel from fuel would allow for removal and storage of mercury. it would be better than simply letting it wind up in our waterways.

I'm surprised that Dano hasn't chimed in to cast "doubt" on whether coal fired power-plants really cause mercury pollution, as well as tell us that mercury really isn't bad for you.

True.....

Its a better solution than burning coal "in the raw", but far from ideal.

Concentrated Solar Power, and on-site micro-generation would be better.

But that would not address the fossil fuel/auto use issue...converting waste coal to liquid fuel would be a step in the right direction!;)

I'm surprised that Dano hasn't chimed in to cast "doubt" on whether coal fired power-plants really cause mercury pollution, as well as tell us that mercury really isn't bad for you.

LOL
Yeah I remeber his "a little mercury never hurt anyone" comments...
danodemento = Mad as a hatter.

Wake up.

Politicians should step aside, and allow people to feed them selfs. We still can catch and cook fish ya know.

As for your statements as a whole, I fail to see any correlation between people actually being smart enough to take care of themselfs.---- and environmental problems we may face by producing energy. They are totally different issues. (or are you being symbolic--and we have to figure out what is going on inside your brain?)

I think your emotions get the best of you a bit. Please listen to consertative talk raido also--so you can balance the imbalance. hehehe

Last edited:
Back