Thousands of School Children....

Socrtease

Verified User
Bussed in to a McCain rally today to bring the total to 6k. Sad when you have to get a quasi-captive crowd to make it look like you had a big crowd.

Bussed in to a McCain rally today to bring the total to 6k. Sad when you have to get a quasi-captive crowd to make it look like you had a big crowd.

How does it feel to have your head so far up Obama's ass. It was a once in a life time event that happened in their town. None of them were forced.

McCain Rally - Area students experience rally
Jenny Derringer
October 30, 2008

By JENNY DERRINGER

derringer@crescent-news.com

Students from area schools had quite an educational experience this morning as a couple thousand youths had ringside seats to the Sen. John McCain presidential campaign rally outside Defiance Community Auditorium this morning.

All of Defiance City Schools students had the opportunity to participate in the rally with thousands of other supporters, though their parents had the option of saying no. On Tuesday, the students were given letters to take home giving parents the choice of attending or not attending the rally.

"Putting party affiliation aside," said superintendent Mike Struble in the letter, "I believe that this is a once in a lifetime educational opportunity for our students to see a presidential candidate in person. It is a unique occasion to see the U.S. political process as it actually unfolds. I am happy that the national spotlight is on Defiance, Ohio, for however briefly.

"Defiance has wanted national candidates to visit the city for many years," the letter continued. "I am honored that our school district has been chosen to host this event in the final week of an intensely contested national race."

The district's students were bused in for the rally. An area on the south lawn was dedicated to the district's K-6 students so they would be separated from others. High school students were allowed to mingle throughout the site.

"Regardless of the students' political preferences," he said, "we hope that they learned through witness, just how involved, exhaustive and zealous the political process can be. We want them to know just what a serious endeavor the stewardship of our active democracy is. We also wanted them to be made aware that democracy must be maintained through their constant exposure to pertinent knowledge and its beneficiaries' active participation, through not only the ballot box, but through association and activism as well."

http://www.crescent-news.com/news/printer_friendly/4456192

Did anyone catch the "where's Joe" moment from that rally?

Hilarious. Portrait of a campaign that is completely fizzling out....

We once bussed a bunch of kids to a Clinton event. No biggee. Even though Clinton lost the school-wide mock election by over 2 to 1 the kids were excited to get to see an actual presidential candidate.

So the kids didn't get to see 'Joe the Plumber'?

At least tell me 'Tito the Builder' was there. Or were they both off with 'Dave the Fireman', 'Steve the Traffic Cop' and 'Clarence the Native American' on a state-wide tour of gentlemen's nightclubs?

So the kids didn't get to see 'Joe the Plumber'?

At least tell me 'Tito the Builder' was there. Or were they both off with 'Dave the Fireman', 'Steve the Traffic Cop' and 'Clarence the Native American' on a state-wide tour of gentlemen's nightclubs?

:lolup::clap:

Now THAT was funny.

How does it feel to have your head so far up Obama's ass. It was a once in a life time event that happened in their town. None of them were forced.

McCain Rally - Area students experience rally
Jenny Derringer
October 30, 2008

By JENNY DERRINGER

derringer@crescent-news.com

Students from area schools had quite an educational experience this morning as a couple thousand youths had ringside seats to the Sen. John McCain presidential campaign rally outside Defiance Community Auditorium this morning.

All of Defiance City Schools students had the opportunity to participate in the rally with thousands of other supporters, though their parents had the option of saying no. On Tuesday, the students were given letters to take home giving parents the choice of attending or not attending the rally.

"Putting party affiliation aside," said superintendent Mike Struble in the letter, "I believe that this is a once in a lifetime educational opportunity for our students to see a presidential candidate in person. It is a unique occasion to see the U.S. political process as it actually unfolds. I am happy that the national spotlight is on Defiance, Ohio, for however briefly.

"Defiance has wanted national candidates to visit the city for many years," the letter continued. "I am honored that our school district has been chosen to host this event in the final week of an intensely contested national race."

The district's students were bused in for the rally. An area on the south lawn was dedicated to the district's K-6 students so they would be separated from others. High school students were allowed to mingle throughout the site.

"Regardless of the students' political preferences," he said, "we hope that they learned through witness, just how involved, exhaustive and zealous the political process can be. We want them to know just what a serious endeavor the stewardship of our active democracy is. We also wanted them to be made aware that democracy must be maintained through their constant exposure to pertinent knowledge and its beneficiaries' active participation, through not only the ballot box, but through association and activism as well."

http://www.crescent-news.com/news/printer_friendly/4456192
YOur right. I forgot I always was much more excited to stay in school than go on ANY stupid fieldtrip.

Back