Tibet

Cypress

NewsMax, Matt Drudge, and Fox News can waste their time on Pastor Wright if they want.

This Tibet stuff is f*cked up.

I just shot a few emails off to the Chinese UN Ambassador, and to my US Rep,

Tension in Tibet as police raid homes

Amnesty International Press Release
18 March 2008

Chinese police are sweeping through the homes of Lhasa residents in search of people involved in recent protests in the city.

While streets in the Tibetan capital are reported to be quiet and empty, there are continued reports of unrest in neighbouring Chinese provinces with large populations of Tibetans. According to reports from TCHRD, hundreds of Tibetans converged on the streets in Kardze County, Sichuan Province, with the situation reported to be extremely tense. There were reports of demonstrations in Gansu province as well.

The atmosphere in Lhasa has been reported by some to be “terrifying”, with police and soldiers conducting house-to-house searches and taking people into custody. There is now great concern for the well-being of those detained.

The government imposed a deadline of midnight on Monday 17 March for individuals involved in the protests to turn themselves in, threatening to “severely punish” those who failed to do so. Eyewitnesses have reported that some individuals are being dragged out of their homes, and Tibetans who have pictures of the Dalai Lama in their homes are being taken away.

Official Chinese sources say 13 “innocent civilians” have been killed by the Tibetan rioters. Tibetan exile sources say 99 Tibetans have been killed by the armed police forces.

Last edited:
NewsMax, Matt Drudge, and Fox News can waste their time on Pastor Wright if they want.

This Tibet stuff is f*cked up.

I just shot a few emails off to the Chinese UN Ambassador, and to my US Rep,

Your posting style is so predictable that it is now comical and humorous. Tibet is an issue people care about that has little or nothing to do with party lines. Yet you immediately try to turn it into a partisan issue and then state your moral superiority because you sent off some letters.

It's a free board and you are obviously free to flame away to your hearts content but it is so funny.

Your posting style is so predictable that it is now comical and humorous. Tibet is an issue people care about that has little or nothing to do with party lines. Yet you immediately try to turn it into a partisan issue and then state your moral superiority because you sent off some letters.

It's a free board and you are obviously free to flame away to your hearts content but it is so funny.

Only because globalist evil and repressive fascism are becoming the thing both parties agree on. Why don't you get on the right side of the issue, cawacko?

its hillarious. Not even letters, emails.
He'll use that line to woe hippy chicks. Kudo's cypress.

its hillarious. Not even letters, emails.
He'll use that line to woe hippy chicks. Kudo's cypress.

It's woo you moron.

I booked another workshop this morning Topper. A repeat customer this time. I'm going to be rolling in it this year thanks to "degreed" morons like yourself! Thanks!

In other news:

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Wednesday defended removing China from the State Department's list of top human rights violators, citing renewed dialogue with Beijing on such issues.

"We just got China to renew or to begin again the human rights dialogue that had been in limbo for some time," Rice told reporters.

In the State Department's annual report on human rights released Tuesday, China was dropped from the list of the world's worst human rights abusers, but was classified as an authoritarian country undergoing economic reform and rapid social change that has "not undertaken democratic political reform."

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gtk4-h3XK4F7CJzvaM9TLNY9dK2g

We have too many business interests in china to do shit about this.

Imagine the reaction if Fidel Castro had shot 50 protesters in Havana. We'd be fucking invading.
The fact that they can now deliver nukes to our soil, proven by the recent Haikonaut, might have something to do with it too.

A china communism hybrid is what many people on the left side of the democrat party would like to see this country move towards.

The fact that they can now deliver nukes to our soil, proven by the recent Haikonaut, might have something to do with it too.

It doesn't have to be a war. Your hero, Ronald Reagan was very, very aggressive on soviet communism. As were most US presidents.

Of course, we had few business and corporate interests within the soviet union. Or cuba for that matter.

A china communism hybrid is what many people on the left side of the democrat party would like to see this country move towards.

You're out of your fucking mind. Free market economic policy coupled with authoritarian social policy is the right-wing's utopia. Placate the money guys and the theocrats simultaneously.

The extreme extreme left-winger would prefer pretty much the opposite, loose social policy with rigid economic policy.

bullshit.

China is a totalitarian state. Its the antithesis of a just, progressive society.

It's a country, with no consumer protection, no environmental protections, and a corrupt system where people with connections and ties to big wigs get preferential treatment. Its a plutocracy, in that sense.

Come on now... he shot an email to the Chinese UN ambassador... change is a comin!

The environmental concerns in China will heat up rapidly in the near future. It is getting pretty bad in many areas over there.
China is going to have quite a turbulent period in the not too distant future.
considering environmental issues, governmental issues and the rapid westernizing of China.

It doesn't have to be a war. Your hero, Ronald Reagan was very, very aggressive on soviet communism. As were most US presidents.

Of course, we had few business and corporate interests within the soviet union. Or cuba for that matter.
I agree, but the reality is we have business interests there. They already showed they can simply overwhelm us with numbers in Korea when it was in their interest to stop the US after we crossed the river...

I wish we'd cut ties and take a harder line with these people. I wished that long ago, Tibet just added to it.

Do you notice how they call about half of traditional Tibet the region of "Tibet"? I think they planned it that way for a "just in case" if they had to give it back they'd only give a portion of it back.

I agree, but the reality is we have business interests there. They already showed they can simply overwhelm us with numbers in Korea when it was in their interest to stop the US after we crossed the river...

I wish we'd cut ties and take a harder line with these people. I wished that long ago, Tibet just added to it.

Do you notice how they call about half of traditional Tibet the region of "Tibet"? I think they planned it that way for a "just in case" if they had to give it back they'd only give a portion of it back.

I had no idea. I'm relatively ignorant on Tibet, other than the stuff most everyone generally knows about the chinese occupation and oppression.

Back