Tonight, the way is clear

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel4
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel4

It's important to be able to listen to the specifics of what the president is going to be proposing in his address.

This is an issue first raised nationally by Teddy Roosevelt. I mean, how much longer do we have to talk about it?

The right is already planning to stage the same partisan spectacle that only hardens the disdain many Americans have toward their own government.

The time for bickering is over. The time for games has passed. Now is the season for action.

Everything that has needed to be said has been said.

We make a distinction between those who want to obstruct the debate and those who have legitimate concerns. It's time to bring the conversation to a close.

Now is the time to deliver on health care. It will provide more security and stability.

Out of an effort to give Congress the ability to do their thing and not step on their toes, the president probably left too much ambiguity out there.

I think the clarity of his message tonight will take us a long way down the road to resolve whatever differences we have in the House of Representatives.

Last edited:
I think the clarity of his message tonight will take us a long way down the road to resolve whatever differences we have in the House of Representatives.

either that or his fear mongering will add to the growing numbers of disgruntled americans.

this drone has given over 100 speeches in just eight months in office...

now tell me Hugo doesn't fit as his name...

The current system is unsustainable. If we don't do something, fewer people will be protected and the cost of health care will go through the roof.

Instead of honest debate, we have seen scare tactics, some have dug into unyielding ideological camps that offer no hope of compromise.

The president will not waste time with those who have made the calculation that it’s better politics to kill this plan than improve it

Instead of honest debate, we have seen scare tactics, some have dug into unyielding ideological camps that offer no hope of compromise.

The president will not waste time with those who have made the calculation that it’s better politics to kill this plan than improve it

then by all means, go nuclear. watch the backlash. it won't be pretty.

according to you, he's going to waste time giving us a speech that includes everything that's already been said....

The president will bring clarity. We do intend to get something done this year.

Out of an effort to give Congress the ability to do their thing and not step on their toes, opponents of reform came in and filled up the airwaves with a lot of nonsense, everything from this ridiculous idea that we were setting up death panels to false notions that this was designed to provide health insurance to illegal immigrants.

Back