Too late for Trump to ditch Boy Vance?

Cypress

Some House Republicans slam Vance as Trump’s VP pick: ‘The worst choice’​

A number of House Republicans are privately bashing former President Trump’s selection of Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) as his running mate, warning that the pick will not help — and could hurt — the party’s chances of winning in November.

The Republicans, speaking to The Hill on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive topic, raised concerns about Vance’s foreign policy positions, lack of experience and inability to expand the Republican coalition beyond Trump’s base.

There are, to be sure, plenty of Vance supporters in the House GOP conference, particularly hard-line conservatives — including those in the House Freedom Caucus — who favor the populist, America First perspective that the vice presidential nominee espouses. And the Trump campaign is vigorously defending the pick.

But Republicans who spoke to The Hill — including veteran lawmakers, moderates and Reagan-styled conservatives who support a muscular foreign policy — said a much larger number of their colleagues harbor doubts about Vance.

“He was the worst choice of all the options. It was so bad I didn’t even think it was possible,” one House Republican said. “Anti-Ukraine, more of a populist. He adds nothing to the Trump ticket. He energizes the same people that love Trump.”

“I think if you were to ask many people around this building, 9 out of 10 on our side would say he’s the wrong pick,” a second House Republican said. “He’s the only person who can do serious damage.”

A third House Republican — who said “there is major dissension” to Vance in the conference — argued that if Trump falls short to Vice President Harris in November, Trump’s vice presidential selection will be to blame.

A number of House Republicans are privately bashing former President Trump’s selection of Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) as his running mate, warning that the pick will not help — and could hurt — the party’s chances of winning in November.

The Republicans, speaking to The Hill on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive topic, raised concerns about Vance’s foreign policy positions, lack of experience and inability to expand the Republican coalition beyond Trump’s base.

There are, to be sure, plenty of Vance supporters in the House GOP conference, particularly hard-line conservatives — including those in the House Freedom Caucus — who favor the populist, America First perspective that the vice presidential nominee espouses. And the Trump campaign is vigorously defending the pick.

But Republicans who spoke to The Hill — including veteran lawmakers, moderates and Reagan-styled conservatives who support a muscular foreign policy — said a much larger number of their colleagues harbor doubts about Vance.

“He was the worst choice of all the options. It was so bad I didn’t even think it was possible,” one House Republican said. “Anti-Ukraine, more of a populist. He adds nothing to the Trump ticket. He energizes the same people that love Trump.”

“I think if you were to ask many people around this building, 9 out of 10 on our side would say he’s the wrong pick,” a second House Republican said. “He’s the only person who can do serious damage.”

A third House Republican — who said “there is major dissension” to Vance in the conference — argued that if Trump falls short to Vice President Harris in November, Trump’s vice presidential selection will be to blame.

Why would Trump ditch JD Vance? Because he triggers brain dead leftist trolls with the IQ of a lemming?
boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

The Hill.....
boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

I'm sure that as long as the demmycrats can dump Harris and white Walzh, Trump could dump Vance......of course he has far less reason to.....

I'm still surprised he didn't pick Tim Scott. That was the only one that made sense to me... Marco lives in the same state and wouldn't be eligible.

I'm still surprised he didn't pick Tim Scott. That was the only one that made sense to me... Marco lives in the same state and wouldn't be eligible.
I thought the WSJ said it best, it was a hubris pick. It was made while he had the lead against Biden. It was one born of thinking you had the election wrapped up and Vance was going to carry the #MAGA mantle into the future. Because basically he's not bringing anyone to the ticket who wasn't already #MAGA.

Tim Scott has always presented himself as such a positive individual. Doesn't necessarily fit well with the attack dog attitude VP's are often asked to have but I agree, for the best ticket it seems the VP role should have gone to someone who might at least have some appeal to center or right-leaning type folks who don't love Trump but could still hold their nose and vote for him.

Vance does not matter. Trump has put people in state election positions who will follow orders. If he loses, he will still win.Can you find 20 or 30,000 votes for me? Yes sir, I can.

Back