Too sad for words

Diuretic

I cannot believe this. I'd start a fund for a hit if I was a little more evil.

THE father of 18-month-old twins did not know they were dead until yesterday, despite having walked past their room many times since they died more than a week ago, a court has been told.

The 28-year-old man and his 30-year-old partner, from Sunnybank Hills in Brisbane, appeared in Brisbane Magistrate's Court today charged with failing to provide the necessities of life.

Police found the bodies of the twin boy and girl at the couple's house in Brisbane's south yesterday evening.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Tina Green told the court the man had to walk past the twins' bedroom to get to his own room, where he slept separately from his partner.

Sgt Green said the man told police he had not seen the twins since Christmas.

She told the court it was likely the charges would be upgraded once autopsy results were obtained.

"It's most likely they are heading towards manslaughter or murder charges," she told the court.

Lawyer Michael Cridland, representing the father, said his client was "hardly present at home" and that he had no contact with the twins.

He said the mother was the primary carer and the father took the older children to school before going to work each day.

Mr Cridland said his client had been told of the deaths only yesterday.

The court was earlier told that the decaying bodies of the twins were found by an 11-year-old sibling who smelled something unusual in the room the toddlers rarely left.
http://tinyurl.com/66cju3

It's a terribly sad story, terribly sad. There's more at the link but I'd leave it alone if I were you.

Back