Took another backup...

Damocles

New Nicotine Free Version
Staff member
I know that some of y'all were in the middle of an epic opus, a masterpiece... then it gave you the database lockout error...

Sorry about that, but now that I can get full backups I seem to be addicted to making sure I have a good backup so I won't lose data...

I think I need to get a habit to take one just before bed, less folks will be affected then.

I know that some of y'all were in the middle of an epic opus, a masterpiece... then it gave you the database lockout error...

Sorry about that, but now that I can get full backups I seem to be addicted to making sure I have a good backup so I won't lose data...

I think I need to get a habit to take one just before bed, less folks will be affected then.

IT lives and dies by the integrity of the last backup.

I don't suppose snapshots from VSphere are an option? You could set the hypervisor to snapshot at 2 AM and no one would notice.

IT lives and dies by the integrity of the last backup.

I don't suppose snapshots from VSphere are an option? You could set the hypervisor to snapshot at 2 AM and no one would notice.

At one time I had a cron job taking one at 2 am Eastern Time, but the server company balked because it was inefficient and took up too much resources from what was at that time a shared server. I'll look into this...

At one time I had a cron job taking one at 2 am Eastern Time, but the server company balked because it was inefficient and took up too much resources from what was at that time a shared server. I'll look into this...

Yeah, I have no idea what you are using. I've been spoiled by VMWare for so long that in my mind everything works like VSphere. :)

In the real world that isn't the case....

Yeah, I have no idea what you are using. I've been spoiled by VMWare for so long that in my mind everything works like VSphere. :)

In the real world that isn't the case....

I work with the cpanel given me... LOL.

I'm going to have to change my password on the database though in order for my cronjob to work. When I try to run it from the terminal it tells me the password has a symbol that causes a syntax error there. Though it clearly works with sql....

lol

:laugh: I figured as much so I copied mine to wait for it.

I work with the cpanel given me... LOL.

I'm going to have to change my password on the database though in order for my cronjob to work. When I try to run it from the terminal it tells me the password has a symbol that causes a syntax error there. Though it clearly works with sql....

lol

LOL

Usually SQL, particularly MySQL is more picky than cron scripting. I'm sure you tried using escape characters for the special characters?

LOL

Usually SQL, particularly MySQL is more picky than cron scripting. I'm sure you tried using escape characters for the special characters?

Nah, I forgot to add the ' ' before and after the password. Once I remembered to box it in it worked just wonderfully. It took a backup this morning at 1 AM.

I appreciate you and what you are doing with this cite.

I took another one just a moment ago, just so you know that the "database error" wasn't an error in reality, it was just locked for a bit while I took a quick backup.

Back