Troops ask 'Jon Carry' for 'halp'

NewsBoy

News Delivery
U.S. troops showed their displeasure -- and sense of humor -- regarding Sen. John Kerry's comments this week to a group of California college students, whom he told to work hard in school or they'd "get stuck in Iraq."</img>

More at link...

I woulda deleted this thread if people hadn't posted to it. I'll likely just merge it into the other thread.

How many times on this very site have I read how great it is that Foley will keep some of the RR from getting out to vote?...

This, "it's sad" stuff, Jarod. Is sad.

Right. Like Foley.

Its Different in a couple ways.

1) In a local way Foley was Republican RUNNING FOR ELECTON this year.

2) The only national issue it brought up was that the Republicans seemed to know about it but kept it under the rug to protect their majority.

That is 1000x's different than Kerry's botched joke. If Kerry were using his position to meet underage sex partners and the National Democratic party appeared to know something about it but kept it from the Republicans it would be a Legit. issue.

Its Different in a couple ways.

1) In a local way Foley was Republican RUNNING FOR ELECTON this year.

2) The only national issue it brought up was that the Republicans seemed to know about it but kept it under the rug to protect their majority.

That is 1000x's different than Kerry's botched joke. If Kerry were using his position to meet underage sex partners and the National Democratic party appeared to know something about it but kept it from the Republicans it would be a Legit. issue.
It's not different for a couple of reasons...

1. Kerry was working on another's campaign and therefore the remarks were most definitely political in nautre...

2. This became national when the Dems attempted to spread that silly spin... "That more educated person over there... that one that got better grades than I did... He is the one that I was talkin' about... Yuk, Yuk! You better get good grades... Yuk, Yuk...."

1. Kerry was working on another's campaign and therefore the remarks were most definitely political in nautre...

2. This became national when the Dems attempted to spread that silly spin... "That more educated person over there... that one that got better grades than I did... He is the one that I was talkin' about... Yuk, Yuk! You better get good grades... Yuk, Yuk...."
No, it got national when the pigs began to squeal and the corporate media picked up on it. "(Oink) Kerry hates the trooooopsss! Squeal! (Snort)"

For the record, I think that those guys with the sign are pretty funny too. Good job, troops. If Kerry's smart, he'll have that blown up into a poster and find some way to work it into his act.

For myself, my teapot has enough tempests already. :rolleyes:

No, it got national when the pigs began to squeal and the corporate media picked up on it. "(Oink) Kerry hates the trooooopsss! Squeal! (Snort)"

For the record, I think that those guys with the sign are pretty funny too. Good job, troops. If Kerry's smart, he'll have that blown up into a poster and find some way to work it into his act.

For myself, my teapot has enough tempests already. :rolleyes:
Rubbish. It became national because Kerry specifically among Democrats is a National person because of the fact that he was the previous Dem Presidential Nominee.

I think it is very differnt...

attempting to spread what you call "silly spin" is VASTLY different than potentially covering up for a sexual preditor! But maybe thats just me!

Point is, the whole, "This isn't important enough" crap is only spewed by the side who are red-faced in the situation. It is similar enough that it becomes fun to watch. It actually gives it more legs than it would normally have as they attempt to pretend they believe the spin, no matter how illogical it may be, and spread it more...

Pretending that we cannot talk of this and another subject at the same time is only effective for the embarrassed.

Just as the left kept saying to the Foley people whining about that... "We can multi-task, I guess the Dems (Rs when they were saying it) are just too stupid."

Well neither side wants to face the real problems.
Of course the media does not want to show the mangled bodies and such.
Yeah, because kids are watching and a lot of people don't like any gore (even the Al kind).
If you think the Liberal media has some shortage of showing bad news from Iraq, then you are insane.

Dano, the "liberal" media news from Iraq/ME is highly sanitized. Just try watching some other broadcasts from other countries sometime.
It is your crews fault that there is no shortage of bad news from Iraq ;)

Back