Trump announces plans still in place to campaign in the Bronx: “ Very soon! "

Back before Carter was President, he went to the South Bronx. He stood in the wasteland the South Bronx had become, and said he would turn it around.

Four years later, he tried to return to the exact same spot, but no one remembered exactly where it had been. Four years of Carter had turned things around that none of the burnt out landmarks remained. The neighborhood was a middle class residential neighborhood.

trump remembers back when the Bronx was burning 50 years ago, and has no idea that 45 years ago it was turned around.

GN0S0fXXwAAxWp5

This time WE will be voting early and often and late to devastate. Whats coming cant be stopped. You earned this.....

Back before Carter was President, he went to the South Bronx. He stood in the wasteland the South Bronx had become, and said he would turn it around.

Four years later, he tried to return to the exact same spot, but no one remembered exactly where it had been. Four years of Carter had turned things around that none of the burnt out landmarks remained. The neighborhood was a middle class residential neighborhood.

trump remembers back when the Bronx was burning 50 years ago, and has no idea that 45 years ago it was turned around.
This is such a fascinating post in multiple ways. I suppose it's possible Carter visited the South Bronx prior to his Presidency but all I've seen reported is he visited Charlotte St on Oct 5, 1977 - while he was President. Charlotte St epitomized everything bad with the burnt out buildings and basic neglect.

But read any history of the Bronx and there is absolutely nothing that backs your claim that by 1980 that street, or the South Bronx, had become middle class and all the burnt out landmarks were gone. It looked the same into the 80's and then the crack epidemic hit. There's a reason hip hop originated in the South Bronx and so many early stars were from there, and it's not because it transformed itself into some gentrified middle class neighborhood.

(The first time I went to NYC was in 1990 and we went to Yankee Stadium as they were playing my A's. I'm from Oakland and things I saw in the South Bronx even opened my eyes.)

A couple of decades later things did start to turn around and while poverty still exists there some of those old burnt out areas have been rebuilt and gentrified.

But there is no record of Carter going back in 1980 to visit and somehow claiming they couldn't figure out where they originally were because somehow in a span of a couple of years the entire neighborhood was suddenly transformed. That doesn't even pass the sniff test. Such a weird thing to basically make up. (Let alone how would a President transform a neighborhood, which is what you are claiming)

Another one for you Walt. I know not everyone listens to hip hop/rap but The Message is one of the most famous rap songs ever. It was actually written in 1980 but they produced it and released it in 1982. Grand Mater Flash and the Furious Five were from the South Bronx and much of this video was filmed there. It's real life lyrics about tough times and they purposefully show the burnt out buildings and terrible conditions in the South Bronx.

Like I said, such a strange claim that somehow it was all gentrified in a couple of years and this stuff shown here all disappeared.

Trump said something and his followers take it to an offshore bank. I am still waiting for the press conference he promised about 7 years ago to explain how Melania got into America and what her real history is. He said he would hold it in 2 weeks. Trump's words are meaningless. He does not keep his word.

Back