Trump has ‘lost a great deal mentally’ says Art of the Deal co-writer: ‘He literally cannot get his footing’

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Journalist and author Tony Schwartz told MSNBC’s Ari Melber, “This is a man who’s lost a great deal mentally,” on Thursday.

He also called the business mogul a “very different man” to the one he knew in the 1980s and “somewhat interacted with” in the 2016 and 2020 elections.

He continued, “This notion that he, that he is still, like, capable of exciting a crowd, I’m just not sure that I believe — beyond that 20 or 25 percent that are absolutely the core — is true anymore.”

Schwartz highlighted Trump’s own poor performance during the September 10 debate, his first showdown with Harris, as evidence that he “sure seems to have lost a step or two.”

“Of all the people I’ve watched deal with him over the years, Kamala has put him on his back feet more so, starting in the debate, but continuously, he literally cannot get his footing.”

“And I don’t think he will,” Schwartz added.

Schwartz has been on this train a long time, almost as if he's apologizing for becoming Trump's ghost writer. He's mentioned that when he met Trump at his office for the first time he was struck by there not being a single book in the room.

Back