Trump Lawyer Joe Tacopina Throws Own Client Under the Bus to Judge

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
‘You Understand What I’m Dealing With Here’

Joe Tacopina appeared to throw his client, former President Donald Trump, under the bus in a reported sidebar with Judge Lewis Kaplan during the ongoing E. Jean Carroll trial.

At issue are comments made by a vexed Trump who told assembled reporters on Thursday that he had to leave Ireland and Scotland early to return to New York to “confront” Carroll, who he called a “disgrace,” and Judge Kaplan, who he called “extremely hostile.”

When asked by a reporter if he planned to attend the trial, Trump affirmed and said, “I have to go back for a woman that made a false accusation about me, and I have a judge who is extremely hostile and I’m going to go back, and I’m going to confront this. But this woman is a disgrace, and it shouldn’t be allowed to happen in our country.” Tacopina repeatedly denied on Thursday that Trump would testify in the case.

Reporting for Law & Crime, Adam Kasfeld reported on a sidebar conversation between Tacopina and Kaplan:

“I know you understand what I am dealing with,” Trump’s attorney Joe Tacopina told Senior U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan during a sidebar conference on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...F?cvid=ebf6aa55cf584e8d8b455313ebb847c7&ei=16

Back