Trump Lawyers Argue Barring Attacks on F.B.I. Would Censor ‘Political Speech’

Hume

Verified User
Lawyers for former President Donald J. Trump pushed back on Friday night in an aggressive — and at times misleading — way against an effort to curb his public attacks on the F.B.I. agents working on his classified documents case in Florida.

In a 20-page court filing, the lawyers assailed prosecutors in the office of the special counsel, Jack Smith, for seeking to limit Mr. Trump’s remarks about the F.B.I. on the eve of two consequential political events: the first presidential debate, scheduled for June 27, and the Republican National Convention, set to start on July 15.

“The motion is a naked effort to impose totalitarian censorship of core political speech, under threat of incarceration, in a clear attempt to silence President Trump’s arguments to the American people about the outrageous nature of this investigation and prosecution,” the lawyers wrote.

Since the FBI is unquestionably politicized, he is correct.

64b7d15b20d8c033bb249fbd8ea7447e3693c201db41f5f1145b3601355610ad_1.jpg

duhhhhhhhhh picture
Can't read the very pertinent words again, because of the Big Mean Picture?

Must suck to be so incompetent and foolish, so as to not even be able to refute a syllable of what I post.

It's funny to watch.

We have been betrayed....and under the Constitution....which is over.....it was murder......we had the right and the ability to say so.

Back