Trumpanzees: look up the word "constitute."

NiftyNiblick

1960s Chick Magnet
At least four or five trumpanzees on this forum have tried to tell me that the Constitution was written specifically to protect our "rights."

The word "rights" does not come up in the definition of "constitute."

Our Constitution's PRIMARY purpose was to incorporate a new nation
and configure a form of government for it [which, in my view, they did badly].

Amendments were later added to address rights, but people should not attempt to discuss the Constitution
before getting a better grasp on the English language.

Stupid fucking trumpanzees.:palm:

At least four or five trumpanzees on this forum have tried to tell me that the Constitution was written specifically to protect our "rights."

Amendments were later added to address rights, but people should not attempt to discuss the Constitution

MAGATs treat the Constitution like they do their Bible. They embrace the parts they like (guns! Yeah buddy! Homos -- okay to hate 'em!). They ignore the parts that they don't like (No establishment of religion -- boo! Love thy neighbor -- no way Jose!).

Nifty is early drinking again. :facepalm:

you need to "amend" your post......."Rights" come with a "Bill"........the cost is limitations on the constituted republic......

you need to "amend" your post......."Rights" come with a "Bill"........the cost is limitations on the constituted republic......

The first ten amendments address rights, but first, we need to know what a constitution is.
Saying that it's primary purpose was to protect our rights is simply wrong.
That's the kind of wrong thing that dumbasses say when talking about things that they don't understand.

It's primary purpose was to incorporate a new nation
and configure a form of government for it.
That's what a constitution, in the context of nations, is.

The first ten amendments address rights, but first, we need to know what a constitution is.
Saying that it's primary purpose was to protect our rights is simply wrong.
That's the kind of wrong thing that dumbasses say when talking about things that they don't understand.

It's primary purpose was to incorporate a new nation
and configure a form of government for it.
That's what a constitution, in the context of nations, is.

the original signers agreed......they demanded the passage of the Bill of Rights before committing to becoming part of that government.....I think that underscores the importance of rights under our form of government rather than diminishing them......

the original signers agreed......they demanded the passage of the Bill of Rights before committing to becoming part of that government.....I think that underscores the importance of rights under our form of government rather than diminishing them......

Nobody is minimizing the importance of rights.

We're talking about what a constitution primarily is--
the incorporation of a nation and the configuration of a government for it.
Rights don't appear anywhere in the definition of "constitute."

People who say that the Constitution was primarily about protecting our rights don't know what a constitution is.

the individual state constitutions protected our rights.

The articles of confederation lacked in some ways. Make no mistake, the United States Constitution was designed to empower a central government - and the first 10 amendments were essentially a compromise to appease the people weary of doing so.

The Constitution was a compromise between strong states, weak states, slave states and free states. That makes it a bit messy. Franklin said it should be rewritten every 18 years. They recognized it would fade in relevance through time and problems they had no way to imagine. There is no reason to protect it from change, but lots of reasons to modify it to make it up to date.

Back