trumpf wants to “work something out” for illegal immigrant kids, & GOP is not happy

Bill

Malarkeyville
trumpf wants to “work something out” for illegal immigrant kids, & GOP is not happy

Gee, he is sounding very, very liberal now on this issue... I wonder what all the trumpfkins will do, those that said they will hold him accountable IF HE PULLS SOMETHING LIKE THIS??

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump’s new promise to “work something out” for young immigrants is dividing fellow Republicans, underscoring how difficult it will be for Congress to take any action on immigration, whether it’s building a wall or dealing with immigrant youths.

During the campaign Trump pledged to “immediately terminate” President Barack Obama’s executive actions on immigration, including the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, known as DACA, which has extended work permits and temporary deportation relief to more than 700,000 immigrants brought illegally to this country as youths.

But in an interview in Time magazine, Trump adopted a far more sympathetic tone toward the young immigrants known to their supporters as “Dreamers.”

“We’re going to work something out that’s going to make people happy and proud,” Trump said. “They got brought here at a very young age, they’ve worked here, they’ve gone to school here. Some were good students. Some have wonderful jobs. And they’re in never-never land because they don’t know what’s going to happen.”

Trump did not offer details, and Time said that he did not back off his pledge to undo Obama’s executive actions.

But Republicans who’ve supported congressional action to help immigrant youths welcomed Trump’s new tone.

“I can tell you I’m very relieved at his comments today and I think folks back home in my district and across the country are going to be very relieved as well,” said Rep. Mike Coffman, R-Colorado. “Obviously Dreamers is one part of the equation, I clearly hope we do more. But I think that’s got to be the top priority.”

more @ source

Back