Trump’s Conviction Binds the G.O.P. Even Closer to Him

Hume

Verified User
A day after Donald J. Trump’s conviction, it quickly became clear that Republicans across the country would not run away from his newfound status as a felon.

They would, instead, run on it.

“People now see Donald Trump as a symbol of something,” Speaker Mike Johnson said on Fox News on Friday. “He’s more than just an individual. He’s a symbol of fighting back against this government corruption, the deep state, the bureaucracy and all the rest.”

Creepy. I wish this was an SNL sketch.

A day after Donald J. Trump’s conviction, it quickly became clear that Republicans across the country would not run away from his newfound status as a felon.

To quote an old Groucho Marx quip,”if they get any closer they’ll be on the other side of him”

" He’s a symbol of fighting back against this government corruption, the deep state, the bureaucracy and all the rest.”

A statement of fascism.

Yep.

"Fascism" comes from the Latin for "bundled sticks."

Another word for it is Democrat. Biden is the perfect autocratic dunce. Send a swat team to your opponent's home, a former President, for a trumped-up charge he committed. Call anyone who supports his opponent threats to Democracy. That's brining the nation together isn't it?

Coordinating multiple indictments based on the flimsiest of charges against his opponent in an attempt to imprison him. Banana Republic stuff you know.

One thing is clear. I believe the American voters are sick and tired of the morons in charge and Democrats as a party. I think there is going to be a huge change this fall and it cannot come soon enough.

" He’s a symbol of fighting back against this government corruption, the deep state, the bureaucracy and all the rest.”

A statement of fascism.

How so halfwit? Because you say so? You're an uneducated clueless moron. Fighting against a corrupt Government is anything BUT Fascism. Fascism is a GOVERNMENT thing not a people thing dumbass.

You're like the dumbest MOFo on the forum.

Back