Turn your back on god

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Fuck god and his pretension and his ego.
He admitted himself that he is a jealous god.
Kills kids with bears because his buddy got his feelings hurt.
Total piece of shit he is.

This isn't some bizarre poem btw I just felt the need to write in short sentences.

Anyway..

Everyone should sin. We should kill each other in succession, that's the quickest way.
Imagine how great it would be for every human to turn their back on his unholiness.
Lets make god be lonely for all eternity
No one to praise him
No one to kiss his ass
No one to glorify all his shitty immoral behavior
As if he actually isn't a tyrannical monster.

His tears will overflow the great lakes.
We'll teach him a lesson.
That son of a bitch will make sure we are tortured forever
but I think it'd be kinda worth it
He's kinda a dick imo

Fuck god and his pretension and his ego.
He admitted himself that he is a jealous god.
Kills kids with bears because his buddy got his feelings hurt.
Total piece of shit he is.

This isn't some bizarre poem btw I just felt the need to write in short sentences.

Anyway..

Everyone should sin. We should kill each other in succession, that's the quickest way.
Imagine how great it would be for every human to turn their back on his unholiness.
Lets make god be lonely for all eternity
No one to praise him
No one to kiss his ass
No one to glorify all his shitty immoral behavior
As if he actually isn't a tyrannical monster.

His tears will overflow the great lakes.
We'll teach him a lesson.
That son of a bitch will make sure we are tortured forever
but I think it'd be kinda worth it
He's kinda a dick imo

At least you're not an Atheist, huh?

Reminds me of a poem "Practical God" by Carl Dennis. There's a poem "The God who loves you" which is basically - the god who loves you knows the opportunity you missed out - the woman you didn't meet because you married the woman you met first...and how troubled he is thinking how much happier you could have been...

cool poem

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/index.php?date=2007/10/10

Why would a god care? Do you care about the lives of.microbes on ants?

Uhhh yeah Grind is an open and adamant atheist. I'm the pagan.

How does one find such contempt for something that they believe doesn’t even think exist? Looks to me like ardent belief in God and ardent belief God is a criminal, huh?

Not believing in god is NOT a jab at you believers.

there is NO proof and I go by proof of things in life.

You chose to go by faith in what you believe.

That is fine with me.

But then don't turn around and QUOTE your religion to force laws on the rest of us.

Your faith based religion can not be used to make laws for people who are NOT your same religion .

get it.

How does one find such contempt for something that they believe doesn’t even think exist? Looks to me like ardent belief in God and ardent belief God is a criminal, huh?

The "contempt" we have is for people who not only believe in a myth, but who try to jam the myth down the throats of others, claiming it's the absolute truth ... we also hold some derision for those who say we have to follow their rules while in their lives they aren't following them at all.

I have no contempt for people like Steelplate; the believers who try to model good behavior daily in their live, who are kind to others, who use their belief to strengthen themselves. I may not understand why people need a god, but for those who do, I say bravo! whatever it takes to get through life, assuming you are using it to help yourself be a better person, not using it to bludgeon others.

But the public proselytizers of any faith - muslim, christian, jewish, other - who use their faith to justify killing others, to justify controlling others - yeah, they we hold in contempt.

You're right - it's not "god" we hold in contempt- because we have decided there is no such being - but those followers who abuse the concept. It's imaginary, folks; you can make it up in a kinder, gentler way.

The "contempt" we have is for people who not only believe in a myth, but who try to jam the myth down the throats of others, claiming it's the absolute truth ... we also hold some derision for those who say we have to follow their rules while in their lives they aren't following them at all.

I have no contempt for people like Steelplate; the believers who try to model good behavior daily in their live, who are kind to others, who use their belief to strengthen themselves. I may not understand why people need a god, but for those who do, I say bravo! whatever it takes to get through life, assuming you are using it to help yourself be a better person, not using it to bludgeon others.

But the public proselytizers of any faith - muslim, christian, jewish, other - who use their faith to justify killing others, to justify controlling others - yeah, they we hold in contempt.

You're right - it's not "god" we hold in contempt- because we have decided there is no such being - but those followers who abuse the concept. It's imaginary, folks; you can make it up in a kinder, gentler way.

MjOnksV.jpg

Back