Two reasons I love Nurses

Cypress

1) They're fiesty. When Governor Terminator tried to take them on, the Nurses unions kicked him in his teeth.

2) They come up with great slogans and catchphrases.

In their health care ad, they riff off of Cheney's fabulous government-financed healthcare.

New Health Care Ad: ‘Every American Deserves CheneyCare’

Last month, the California Nurses Association and the National Nurses Organizing Committee ran ads in Iowa newspapers advocating for a single-payer health-care bill, highlighting the fact Vice President Dick Cheney has benefited from his government-provided coverage. “If he were anyone else, he’d probably be dead by now” due to his long history of health problems, claimed the ad.

In the group’s newest round of ads, which ran “in eight New Hampshire papers” on Friday and will go “national” today, they dub a new name for “guaranteed, publicly-funded health care for all Americans”: CheneyCare.

The ad “asks readers to go to CheneyCare.org and sign a petition in support of CheneyCare for all Americans”:

thinkprogress

its fictitious tho. Chennys health care is not what we would get. and my wife who is a nurse tells me daily of the nurse union pushing them to vote for Hillary and how great national healthcare would be.

Personally i say why dont these nurses go ask the Canadian nurses how it benefited them.. the Union for nurses is SUPPOSED to be advocating for nurses.. not stumping for a politician who ultimately would drive nurse wages down.

its fictitious tho. Chennys health care is not what we would get. and my wife who is a nurse tells me daily of the nurse union pushing them to vote for Hillary and how great national healthcare would be.

Personally i say why dont these nurses go ask the Canadian nurses how it benefited them.. the Union for nurses is SUPPOSED to be advocating for nurses.. not stumping for a politician who ultimately would drive nurse wages down.

Suprisingly Chap, most of the nurses I've met don't go into thier field for money. Its a really hard, crappy job, that doesn't pay that well relative to the level of work. I'm pretty sure most nurses aren't adovcating universal healthcare from the perspective of wages. And I've seen no credible study that suggests nurses wages would crater if there were universal healthcare in this country

Suprisingly Chap, most of the nurses I've met don't go into thier field for money. Its a really hard, crappy job, that doesn't pay that well relative to the level of work. I'm pretty sure most nurses aren't adovcating universal healthcare from the perspective of wages. And I've seen no credible study that suggests nurses wages would crater if there were universal healthcare in this country

from a COMMON sense perspective i dont see how it wouldn't suffer. All government jobs pay less then private industry in every field. Additionaly part of advocating for patients is having sophisticated hospital equipment. take one look at the VA hospitals stuff compared to Boston medical and tell me what you see.

From a change point of view... if you want to sell me on changing the status quo... prove to me that there would be no negatives to nurse wages and facilities if it becomes government run. Hillary telling me we need national healthcare and offering zero analysis or details is not going to sell me. I wanted private SS until i actually got to see the details of the privatization plan and clearly by reading it saw it was a scam to shift the burden. I want to be able to make an informed opinion.. not just support largest expansion of government in history.

In terms of healthcare the Romney plan is the best thats out there from my point of view right now.

from a COMMON sense perspective i dont see how it wouldn't suffer. All government jobs pay less then private industry in every field.

Chap, we've been throught this billions of times.

Not a single mainstream candidate anywhere in america, is going to make nurses government employees.

Drudge has you thinking that democrats are proposing socialized medicine, like they have in the UK. Drudge is lying to you.

i need details. once we receive those details we can make the choice. I am not however going to vote for a candidate who makes this a primary selling point to become president when they dont even have detailed plans.

LMAO..............

I have a First Cousin who is a nurse...nice kid cute and all but not all that bright...as a matter of fact she scares me from time to time...she went to Catholic School...has a fetish for cats and especially the characture 'Garfield' I remember several years back when she and the rest of the cousins were making fun of their antics putting their friends personal objects in the micro-wave...well needless to say my daughter who was young at the time took notice and tried to copy their humor...she put 'Patties' Garfield stuffed animal in the micro...Patty went ballistic...needless to say the holiday ended with me taking my leave from the family get together.........

I took my daughter and told my uncle his daughter needed to seek help...I mean she really went ballistic...behond belief...This left me with a bad taste for what they teach in nursing school...

Last edited:
i need details. once we receive those details we can make the choice. I am not however going to vote for a candidate who makes this a primary selling point to become president when they dont even have detailed plans.

Chap - The details are out there if you bother to look for them. What the fuck do you want, a detailed white paper sent to your home address by certified mail to make sure you got it?

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/feature/healthcareplan/summary.aspx

If you want analysis of it from someone that likes the plan look here:

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/ezraklein_archive?month=09&year=2007&base_name=the_hillary_plan

There are many other analyses of the plan out on the internets if you care to look.

Back