u s of a's modern underground railroads

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
there are likely more but one in particular comes to mind - people that need to get away from and hide from their spouses (usually women or women with children) who abuse them and/or their children

there are organizations that will help hide a spouse and children from an abusive spouse - even provide a new identity

shelter and sanctuary plus a new identity, home and job

running from domestic slavery/abuse and controlling spouses

then there are they 'coyotes' bringing in illegal immigrants from various places in the world and their former clients that have become victims

The current forms of underground railroad exist exactly like the old one did. One interesting thins about the cival war and slavery. the emancipation porclamation only abolished slavery in the confederate states. Not the few northern states that had it.
That sort of proves it was a political act and not just a moral one.

on the new underground railroad, yep foreign food restaruants are often linked into the illegal immigrant forms of current underground railroads.

The current forms of underground railroad exist exactly like the old one did. One interesting thins about the cival war and slavery. the emancipation porclamation only abolished slavery in the confederate states. Not the few northern states that had it.
That sort of proves it was a political act and not just a moral one.

on the new underground railroad, yep foreign food restaruants are often linked into the illegal immigrant forms of current underground railroads.

usc

not to mention sex workers

Ohh we don't have those in the greatest country and bastion of freedom in the world. Blasphemy!

Why do you hate America ?

:rolleyes:

usc

more what it has become - it would be nice if we returned to using our constitution - then maybe we could have legal sex workers rather than illegal immigrants

not that the former land of the free would condone either - hypocrites - oh well

damn medications, make me tell the truth too often - that will likely get me shot some day

In order for it to be "underground" it must be opposed by the State, not supported and enacted by the State.

In order for it to be "underground" it must be opposed by the State, not supported and enacted by the State.

damo

it is quasi-legal as most law enforcement offices and officers turn a blind eye to it...but not always

or are you thinking witness protection

since the groups forge IDs (including passports) i would think that law enforcement would be opposed, perhaps they have too much association with the abused to really object

damo

it is quasi-legal as most law enforcement offices and officers turn a blind eye to it...but not always

or are you thinking witness protection

since the groups forge IDs (including passports) i would think that law enforcement would be opposed, perhaps they have too much association with the abused to really object
I was thinking of the Safe Houses for battered women. They are sanctioned and often set up by the government.

Like needle exchange programs can't be considered to be "underground" if they are run by the government.

I was thinking of the Safe Houses for battered women. They are sanctioned and often set up by the government.

Like needle exchange programs can't be considered to be "underground" if they are run by the government.

damo

understood, the ones i am talking about are for women that are fleeing 'connected' husbands - like law enforcement officers, wealthy, politicians, etc.

or the kind that take the law into their own hands...with a gun

a friend of mine's sister was killed by her husband when she told him that she was leaving...then he killed himself

Back