U.S. Stocks Advance in Biggest Election Day Rally Since 1984

Clearly this means that Obama is best for the economy.

The message is, don't vote for a candidate that's tough on crime, because the criminals (in wall street) don't like that.

Last edited:
I heard on the news today that Wall Street almost always responds well to a new administration. Especially if that party controls congress.

Somebody spends too much time watching stats and looking for trends.

Clearly this means that Obama is best for the economy.

The message is, don't vote for a candidate that's tough on crime, because the criminals (in wall street) don't like that.

Yeah investors are eager to pay more on their capital gains so they love Obama.
Moron, it is the short term boost that we all expected from the bailout. Government taxing us and collecting debt to help out wealthy investors, I'm amazed any lefty would support this.

Yeah investors are eager to pay more on their capital gains so they love Obama.
Moron, it is the short term boost that we all expected from the bailout. Government taxing us and collecting debt to help out wealthy investors, I'm amazed any lefty would support this.

That's not a very good characterization of the bailout.

And as a leftie supporter of the bailout, I have an interest in seeing banks not go under, so they can continue to provide loans, so businesses can continue to hire & not lay people off, so our economy doesn't decline further and we don't sink into depression, hurting millions.

See - I can see one step beyond the immediate black & white characterization.

Back