Uh-oh...another victory for the evil doers

Cypress

Tonight on the Glenn Beck show: Glenn will once again ask "who's side" Congressman Carson is really on?

Democrat Carson Wins Special Election; Only 2nd Muslim Ever Elected To Congress

Indianapolis City Councilman André Carson (D) has won the special election tonight to succeed the late Congresswoman Julia Carson (D), his grandmother. With 99% reporting, Carson has defeated Republican state Rep. Jon Elrod by 54%-43%.

Andre Carson is a convert to Islam, making him only the second Muslim member of Congress ever, following freshman Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN).

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/03/democrat_carson_wins_special_e.php

This bloke must be doing something right to be elected despite being Muslim and having a suspiciously French sounding Christian name.

Here is the kicker.............

Both are democrats...what is wrong with this picture? Just for starters Islam is a very conservative religion...why would one from a conservative religion associate themselves with Liberals? Just food for thought!

Both are democrats...what is wrong with this picture? Just for starters Islam is a very conservative religion...why would one from a conservative religion associate themselves with Liberals? Just food for thought!
Because, if both parties sell out to religious conservatives the nation can be far more religiously controlled...

BB, if they are liberal Ds and Muslims, they are likely to still be lib D's and Muslims. Just as 90% of the nation professes Christianity as their belief yet we still have liberals, they won't be going away because some Muslims are Ds.

Just for starters Islam is a very conservative religion...

Islam forces people to adhere to a certain religion (the penalty for converting from Muslim to something else is death), requires strict dress codes, dictates economic rules, andcalls out many penalties for various types of otherwise-ordinary behavior.

Conservative, it ain't.

Conservative does not mean white anglo-saxon protestant.

There is your answer.

Islam forces people to adhere to a certain religion (the penalty for converting from Muslim to something else is death), requires strict dress codes, dictates economic rules, andcalls out many penalties for various types of otherwise-ordinary behavior.

Conservative, it ain't.

Man you just cant see anything but black and white huh?

Take a look at christianity and see how many varying grades of conservitive surround that religion. Now realise that all other religions have the same.

You really need to take a vacation from all the hate you daily steep yourself into.

How did I know, that a couple of Bush worshipping wingnuts would chime in from the peanut gallery, to smear the entire religion of Islam as evil?

I find it hilarious that atheists are still considerably more distrusted more than Muslims.

Yeah its pretty silly to be hated for not being able to pretend you believe in something you just cant force yourself to believe in.

I wonder how many decade it will take before we have a self admitted atheist for President?

I sure there are lots of people who pretend every day to believe.

Yeah its pretty silly to be hated for not being able to pretend you believe in something you just cant force yourself to believe in.

I wonder how many decade it will take before we have a self admitted atheist for President?

I sure there are lots of people who pretend every day to believe.

Oh God yes.

I would imagine a fair portion of our legislative branch are closet freethinkers.

Hell, the only atheist in Congress (Rep. Peter Stark D-CA) didn't admit it until well after he was elected, reelected, and his district made almost invulnerable through redistricting.

But as long as the American people have these kinds of biases, freethinkers who wish to serve their country must lie about their beliefs to have any chance of election.

Back