UK politics

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
I'm kind of liking the Conservatives under Cameron. They're not as crazy about gays and immigrants as they used to be, and their economics are a lot more solid than Labour's are right now. I think the UK is tired of Labour rule anyway. Hands are definitely going to change this time around.

I'm kind of expecting a Liberal Democratic wipeout. They're not very strong anymore, and they're time as a third party seems to be running out unless they can break into the big leagues. But if they do, in fact, end up holding the balance power, I think a Liberal-Conservative alliance would be an awesome combination. Clegg seems to prefer the Conservatives. Then again, I doubt Conservatives would offer Proportional representation as part of a coalition deal. If Labour offers it, the Libdems will jump at them no matter what. But the electorate will probably punish the Libdems in the future for giving them 5 more years of boring labour.

How do you think it's going to play out?

I'm kind of liking the Conservatives under Cameron. They're not as crazy about gays and immigrants as they used to be, and their economics are a lot more solid than Labour's are right now. I think the UK is tired of Labour rule anyway. Hands are definitely going to change this time around.

I'm kind of expecting a Liberal Democratic wipeout. They're not very strong anymore, and they're time as a third party seems to be running out unless they can break into the big leagues. But if they do, in fact, end up holding the balance power, I think a Liberal-Conservative alliance would be an awesome combination. Clegg seems to prefer the Conservatives. Then again, I doubt Conservatives would offer Proportional representation as part of a coalition deal. If Labour offers it, the Libdems will jump at them no matter what. But the electorate will probably punish the Libdems in the future for giving them 5 more years of boring labour.

How do you think it's going to play out?

The Liberal Dems have been disappointing. They were my ideal for a moderate, viable third party. They have struggled with leadership crises and in developing a cohesive message to sell. The candidate I wanted to succeed the LibDem leadership from Kennedy (who was a worthless, politically inept drunk) was defeated by Menzies Cambell (a worthless, politically inept senile old man). The Lib Dems will never be equal to the Tories or Labour until they achieve a smoothly transitioned series of competent party leaders, which looks highly unlikely at this point.

I do like the Conservatives under Cameron. They are sensible about social issues and moderate, but competent on economic policy. I think a LibDem-Tory coalition would be interesting and would force Labour to more clearly define what precisely, if anything, it stands for these days.

Last edited:
I'll be honest. I think Clegg is a fucking idiot. I wish Cable had stayed on as party head.

I don't really know who the Libdems will ally with, but they have much more to gain from the Conservatives than from Labour.

Back