Unamerican??...

Jarod

Contributor
Help me out here I am compiling a list of things that are unamerican.

1. Banning guns outright.
2. Unduely limiting free speach.
3. Having a king.
4. martial law.
5. Borscht
6. Communism.
7. slavery.

I am sure there are plenty, lets hear em!

You don't have to start a new thread each time you think you have an idea that was answered too well in the previous one.

I wanted to get the opinion of others who might not be visiting the other thread, if thats allright with you!

3. Having a king.
4. martial law.
5. Borscht
6. Communism.
7. slavery.

Again, those ideas are not anything you or I would want (or most people for that matter). But the ideas cannot be unAmerican. Because our Constitution is set up that there is process for any idea to go through. No matter how silly or reprehensible we think it is.... ANY idea can go through the process of becoming either a policy, a law or an amendment to the Constitution.

Again, those ideas are not anything you or I would want (or most people for that matter). But the ideas cannot be unAmerican. Because our Constitution is set up that there is process for any idea to go through. No matter how silly or reprehensible we think it is.... ANY idea can go through the process of becoming either a policy, a law or an amendment to the Constitution.
Or be rejected outrightly.

Ohh, so it would be an American ideal to say, invite Vladamier Putin to come over to the White House and take a shit on an American flag?

3. Having a king.
4. martial law.
5. Borscht
6. Communism.
7. slavery.

8. People without American citizenship.
9. Celebrating discreetly
10. Diets
11. World War punctuality

Ohh, so it would be an American ideal to say, invite Vladamier Putin to come over to the White House and take a shit on an American flag?

You can come up with the most outragous shit you can think of and it will not make the idea itself unAmerican. Just because it is not something you or I would do, doesn't make it unAmerican.

No matter how many wild ass suggestions you come up with, this will not change.

You are using a different and more literal definition of "American" than he is. I understand that righties are incapable of understanding such nuances and must be pedantic, but please, just try.

You can come up with the most outragous shit you can think of and it will not make the idea itself unAmerican. Just because it is not something you or I would do, doesn't make it unAmerican.

No matter how many wild ass suggestions you come up with, this will not change.

You did not answer my question, would inviting OBL to take a shit on an American Flag be an "American" thing to do?

You are using a different and more literal definition of "American" than he is. I understand that righties are incapable of understanding such nuances and must be pedantic, but please, just try.

THats exactly what Ive been saying all along.

No, you have been trying to convince me it is patriotic to 'fear' others because their ideas are 'unamerican'.

;)

So what you are saying is...
I hope you were making a joke, or as you put it, being sardonic.

You did not answer my question, would inviting OBL to take a shit on an American Flag be an "American" thing to do?

Actually, that idea would be very American. OBL would come over expecting to take a shit and Cheney would simply shoot him.

rrrr rrrrrr rrr rrrrr cheney snacks rrrr rrrrrr rrr

translation:

"you thought I said come over and take a shit?.... I guess I wasn't clear... I said come on over and get shot. Sorry for the confusion."

This is plainly stereotyping towards the group you favor. He is using an unrealistic definition of good (agree with him) = american/bad (disagree with him) = unamerican.

You can come up with the most outragous shit you can think of and it will not make the idea itself unAmerican

You still did not answer, would it be an American thing to do to invite OBL to shit on the American Flag?

Back