'Unfit For Office': Paul Ryan Torches Trump In Scathing Fox News Interview

stephenPE

Verified User
Former Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan tore into former President Donald Trump on Tuesday, saying he won’t be voting for him and calling out his lack of character and principles.

“If you put yourself above the Constitution, as he has done, I think that makes you unfit for office,” he told Fox News host Neil Cavuto.

Cavuto asked if that was because of “the whole Jan. 6 thing.”

“That’s a part of it,” Ryan said. “I think it really is just character at the end of the day, and the fact that if you’re willing to put yourself above the Constitution ― an oath you swear when you take federal office, whether as president or a member of Congress, you swear an oath to the Constitution ― and you’re willing to suborn it to yourself, I think that makes you unfit for office.”

Ryan also blamed Trump for GOP election losses in recent years.

“He’s cost us a lot of seats,” Ryan said. “He cost us the Senate twice. He cost us the House because he is nominating, he is pushing through the primaries people who cannot win general elections but who pledge fealty to him.”

“If you put yourself above the Constitution, as he has done, I think that makes you unfit for office,”

How is Trump placing himself above the Constitution? He's the only one who actually abided by it while in office.

Democrats are the ones shredding the Constitution and believe that they are "above the law. "

Ryan was asked a question and then flails in his answer to that question:

Cavuto asked if that was because of “the whole Jan. 6 thing.”

“That’s a part of it,” Ryan said. “I think it really is just character at the end of the day, and the fact that if you’re willing to put yourself above the Constitution ― an oath you swear when you take federal office, whether as president or a member of Congress, you swear an oath to the Constitution ― and you’re willing to suborn it to yourself, I think that makes you unfit for office.”

Answer Translation: Because Ryan said so.

Trump didn't suborn the Constitution to himself. WTF does that answer even mean?

Ryan also blamed Trump for GOP election losses in recent years.

“He’s cost us a lot of seats,” Ryan said. “He cost us the Senate twice. He cost us the House because he is nominating, he is pushing through the primaries people who cannot win general elections but who pledge fealty to him.”

This is a really dumb untrue statement. When Trump came into office, he was attacked by the media and the Democrats and had the Russia Collusion hoax and subsequent Mueller investigation hanging over his head before it was proven a hoax. A hoax, nonetheless, started with the salacious Steele dossier which we now know was a massive election interference effort by the Hillary campaign.

Voters were duped by the liars in the DNC and the media and put Democrats in the majority. It had NOTHING to do with Trump and EVERYTHING to do with Democrat chicanery enables by the media liars.

How does that equate to Trump putting himself above the Constitution? I'll answer, it doesn't.

“In a country with 350 million people, this is the choice we have?” Ryan said. “I, like the majority of Americans, wish we had a different choice.”

You mean the majority of voters who voted for Biden and for Trump? I'm sorry, but that puts you in with a tiny minority of gaslighted, naive dupes who will be sitting on the sidelines watching Trump get re-elected.

Perhaps Ryan will self-deport along with all the morons in Hollywood. Unfortunately, none of these hacks ever do what they say they will do.

Ryan lamented that former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, who dropped out of the Republican presidential primary race in March yet continues to get a sizable protest vote in the later primaries, was not going to be the Republican nominee.

“She’d probably win this thing by 12 points,” he said.

I don't think Ryan has ever been right on anything. Haley would have been trounced and destroyed had she been nominated. But unlike a dunce like Ryan, she will be voting for Trump because she isn't that stupid.

Ryan sounds like the angry kid on the playground threatening to take his ball if he can't play.

Back