Unions slow clean-up process in NJ

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
Look what these bastards are doing now.
The hurricane-ravaged east coast has been receiving north Alabama help, but crews learned they'll be doing work in Long Island, New York instead of in New Jersey.

Utility crews volunteer for Sandy
Utility crews volunteered with Sandy recovery. See photos.

Crews from Decatur Utilities and Joe Wheeler out of Trinity headed up there this week, but Derrick Moore, one of the Decatur workers, said they were told by crews in New Jersey that they can't do any work there since they're not union employees.

The crews that are in Roanoke, Virginia say they are just watching and waiting even though they originally received a call asking for help from Seaside Heights, New Jersey.

The crews were told to stand down. In fact, Moore said the crew from Trinity is already headed back home.
http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery

I disagee. Let both threads stand. Giving the creater of a thread authority to kill it because they don't like the direction it takes goes against the very spirit of free speech. I'm appalled at this decision and I do protest.

8aDme.png

JCP+L Denies Turning Away Non-Union Help [AUDIO]

JCP+L spokesman Ron Morano denies reports that the utility turned away help from non-union workers from Alabama.

“We have a great partnership (with our unions) and we have non-union workers working as part of this restoration effort. Our unions understand this is an all-hands-on-deck effort and it was not Jersey Central Power and Light that turned away that crew,” Morano told New Jersey 101.5′s Jim Gearhart.

Workers from one of three Alabama utilities, touted by Governor Christie as coming a great distance to help restore power, were reportedly turned away by a crew in Seaside Heights because they did not belong to a union.

Decatur Utilities workers were sent to Long Island instead according to Huntsville, Alabama TV station WAFF because “they were told by crews in Seaside Heights that they can’t do any work there since they’re not union employees” according to one of the employees.

Morano pointed out that Seaside Heights has a municipal utility. and said JCP+L “is taking the help that has been made available to us.”

A spokesman for Huntsville Utilities told WAFF in a later report that their crews did not go to New Jersey but did assist with repairs in Maryland and headed home once they were done.

Listen to Jim Gearhart’s conversation with Ron Morano

I disagee. Let both threads stand. Giving the creater of a thread authority to kill it because they don't like the direction it takes goes against the very spirit of free speech. I'm appalled at this decision and I do protest.

100 percent agreed, I stated at the outset of that thread that WB is very oversensitive and this is exactly what I meant.

Never forget what Han Solo said - this ain't no tea party princess!

And if you think that it is you are in the wrong place.

8aDme.png

JCP+L Denies Turning Away Non-Union Help [AUDIO]

JCP+L spokesman Ron Morano denies reports that the utility turned away help from non-union workers from Alabama.

“We have a great partnership (with our unions) and we have non-union workers working as part of this restoration effort. Our unions understand this is an all-hands-on-deck effort and it was not Jersey Central Power and Light that turned away that crew,” Morano told New Jersey 101.5′s Jim Gearhart.

Workers from one of three Alabama utilities, touted by Governor Christie as coming a great distance to help restore power, were reportedly turned away by a crew in Seaside Heights because they did not belong to a union.

Decatur Utilities workers were sent to Long Island instead according to Huntsville, Alabama TV station WAFF because “they were told by crews in Seaside Heights that they can’t do any work there since they’re not union employees” according to one of the employees.

Morano pointed out that Seaside Heights has a municipal utility. and said JCP+L “is taking the help that has been made available to us.”

A spokesman for Huntsville Utilities told WAFF in a later report that their crews did not go to New Jersey but did assist with repairs in Maryland and headed home once they were done.

Listen to Jim Gearhart’s conversation with Ron Morano

It was just another completely invented right wing bullshit story.

I didn't say kill it Moot I said to combine it. Is straw man your sole debate tactic?

DEBUNKED!

Now Decatur Utility has come out and admitted that "at no time was the crew turned away by anyone in New Jersey"

http://www.northjersey.com/news/ber...in_NJ_to_help_restore_service_state_says.html

Apologies needed from:

Superfreak (self-evident after his enraged spazz attack and litany of false allegations)
TinFoil (who, after the claim that "unions" turned these guys away was debunked, kept insisting that "some union thug must have taken it upon themselves" - DEBUNKED)
Winterborn (who claimed that BFGRN's asking him for evidence was "mudslinging")

And I'm sure there were a couple of other idiots who chimed in on that thread, I have half if not more of the righties on IA, but I'm sure there were a few.

Last edited:
DEBUNKED!

Now Decatur Utility has come out and admitted that "at no time was the crew turned away by anyone in New Jersey"

http://www.northjersey.com/news/ber...in_NJ_to_help_restore_service_state_says.html

Apologies needed from:

Superfreak (self-evident after his enraged spazz attack and litany of false allegations)
TinFoil (who, after the claim that "unions" turned these guys away was debunked, kept insisting that "some union thug must have taken it upon themselves" - DEBUNKED)
Winterborn (who claimed that BFGRN's asking him for evidence was "mudslinging")

And I'm sure there were a couple of other idiots who chimed in on that thread, I have half if not more of the righties on IA, but I'm sure there were a few.

SF is ignoring this while criticizing my site on the issue! They are trying so desperately to find fault with the way the recovery is being handled!

Back