US 97th on list of 'peaceful nations'

Cypress

"I'm sorry to tell you my friends. There's gonna be more wars. We're gonna have a lot of combat wounds, and we're gonna have a lot to do." -- JOHN MCCAIN

US 97th on list of 'peaceful nations'

Iceland tops study of most peaceful countries; US lands in bottom third.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Iceland is the world's most peaceful nation while the United States is ranked among the bottom third, according to a study released on Tuesday.

The "Global Peace Index," compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit, ranked the United States 97th out of 140 countries according to how peaceful they were domestically and how they interacted with the outside world.

The United States slipped from 96th last year, but was still ahead of foe Iran which ranked 105th. It, however, lagged Belarus, Cuba, South Korea, Chile, Libya and others which were listed as more peaceful.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/Iceland_tops_list_of_peaceful_natio_05202008.html

Good call, wm. Iceland is the bomb.

It's like a liberal paradise. Without the granola and Grateful Deadheads.

You know what I hated? 2 of Bush's 3-4 first quotes after 9/11 were, "I'm a War President!," and "This is the 1st war of the 21st century."

Total warmongers. Bush also told his ghostwriter in the '90's that a President couldn't achieve greatness without a war (I repeat that a lot, but I think it's pretty telling about him & who he is).

Good call, wm. Iceland is the bomb.

It's like a liberal paradise. Without the granola and Grateful Deadheads.

Yep all those liberals at Dead concerts:

anncoulter-dead.jpg

You know what I hated? 2 of Bush's 3-4 first quotes after 9/11 were, "I'm a War President!," and "This is the 1st war of the 21st century."

Total warmongers. Bush also told his ghostwriter in the '90's that a President couldn't achieve greatness without a war (I repeat that a lot, but I think it's pretty telling about him & who he is).

So, so true. Bush is the latest, and worst, in a long line of warmongering by american presidents.

What exactly did we Invade Panama for? WTF?

Yep all those liberals at Dead concerts:

anncoulter-dead.jpg

Oh yeah, that was before she was well known. She could go incognito to a dead show.

If jerry were still around, the Dead were touring, Coulter would get spit on.

And I'd be hocking loogies at her too. :clink:

Had to protect the substandard medical students that could not get in US med schools ?

Was Grenada Ronnies first war venture ? I forget.

Had to protect the substandard medical students that could not get in US med schools ?

Was Grenada Ronnies first war venture ? I forget.

Ronnie used to like to bomb libya a lot. But mostly, he used rightwing death squads in latin america and elsewhere to do "our" dirty work.

yeah, I'll bet Bush is jealous as hell.
But I wanna assisinate Hugo!
Why cant I ?

BushCo supported the rightwing coup against Hugo. It was a sad day for them when it failed.

Oh, and we invaded Nicaruagua with a proxy army, armed and trained by us. Can you imagine if the mexican government supported and armed an insurgent force to invade us?

Iran contra ring a bell ? Selling weapons to an avowed enemy of the USA. Treason!
Hauling drugs on the transport planes too.
And pappy bush pardoned em all.

BushCo supported the rightwing coup against Hugo. It was a sad day for them when it failed.

Oh, and we invaded Nicaruagua with a proxy army, armed and trained by us. Can you imagine if the mexican government supported and armed an insurgent force to invade us?

They already are and guess who's winning ----they haven't even had to waste a peso on ammo.

They already are and guess who's winning ----they haven't even had to waste a peso on ammo.

I hate the xenophoic, tom tancredo-esque talk of mexican migrant workers "invading" america.

They are here with the full knowledge and consent of american business and corporate interests, who want to drive wages and benefits down in america.

Back