US Media Bias

AnyOldIron

Atheist Missionary
America's one-eyed view of war: Stars, stripes, and the Star of David

There are two sides to every conflict - unless you rely on the US media for information about the battle in Lebanon. Viewers have been fed a diet of partisan coverage which treats Israel as the good guys and their Hizbollah enemy as the incarnation of evil. Andrew Gumbel reports from Los Angeles

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article1219241.ece

Of course, The good ol USA of A has finally caught up with the former USSR in the propaganda balance of power.
I get most of my news for the middle east from PBS , LINK TV and BBC.

I find the media way too willing to present the Islamic point of view in terms that do not fit their crimes. No where was this more evident than the past few weeks between Israel and the Iranian proxies.

I get most of my ME news, after reading the papers and watching the news, from bloggers in the countries I'm reading about. I also read Asia Times and the big Israeli english editions.

Our media just echoes whatever the Bush administration tells it. No investigation or questioning.....sad....

It has gotten a little better ,back in 03 I was just staggered at how blatent is was in reporting the Republican talking points as if they were Fact!

Yes it has slightly improvwed as Bush's ratings numbers have dropped. the media clearly does not want to follow Bush down the tubes.
Of course with the large Jewish influence and control of our media, our media will continue to favor Israel in their "reporting".

I find the media way too willing to present the Islamic point of view in terms that do not fit their crimes. No where was this more evident than the past few weeks between Israel and the Iranian proxies.

I get most of my ME news, after reading the papers and watching the news, from bloggers in the countries I'm reading about. I also read Asia Times and the big Israeli english editions.
I agree. I read some of the blogs from the Christians in Lebanon... There was a totally different perspective as to what was happening and what was being reported.

I agree. I read some of the blogs from the Christians in Lebanon... There was a totally different perspective as to what was happening and what was being reported.
The so-called mainstream media, however, have been relentlessly, reflexively and without reservation pro-Israel and anti-Muslim. Not merely anti-Hezbollah but anti-Muslim.

There are two sides to every conflict - unless you rely on the US media for information about the battle in Lebanon. Viewers have been fed a diet of partisan coverage which treats Israel as the good guys and their Hizbollah enemy as the incarnation of evil. Andrew Gumbel reports from Los Angeles

How is it that Isreal becomes the bad guys in your eyes? What I have seen in the media is nothing more than the damage inflicted upon lebanon, the doctored photos of the dead, and nazrollah claiming victory.

What I have'nt seen much of was the damage created by the katuysha rockets landing in Israel, the killed soldiers, the dead civilians from this.

I think the better way of putting this is what you get from the media depending on what you would like to hear.....:rolleyes:

The so-called mainstream media, however, have been relentlessly, reflexively and without reservation pro-Israel and anti-Muslim. Not merely anti-Hezbollah but anti-Muslim.
Actually the blogs I read from the people there bespoke of the inaccurate media that portrayed Israel as the bad guys. They spoke of the "party of God" who used citizens as sheilds being the bad guys and the reports of "Christians dying" as false... It was truly interesting reading their perspective as compared to the perspective of the pro-muslim int'l press...

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article1219241.ece

this sound pretty bias

Back