US recession may start protectionism problems

Topper

http://www.plenglish.com/article.asp?ID={C77B21B6-986B-4728-B75D-4BBB290556C1}&language=EN

US Recession May Start Protectionism

Davos, (Switzerland) Jan 26 (Prensa Latina) Fear of a possible economic recession in the United States may lead to trade protectionism, expressed several participants in the Davos Economic Forum.

Risks of protectionism are greater if there is a recession, affirmed Pascal Lamy, director general of the World Trade Organization (WTO). "When the economy slows down there is a greater risk of protectionism" he explained, adding that the danger is obvious.

For his part the Brazilian chancellor, Celso Amorim, warned that protectionism could lead to a world crisis like the one of 1929.

He added that a financial economic crisis may encourage protectionism but history tells us that it ends in a worse crisis.

The Brazilian chancellor called to end the Doha Round, which would be better medicine for the economy. A slowing down of the US economy and the ensuing world financial crisis requires an urgent solution, he added.

The Doha talks begun in the Qatar capital on November of 2001 and are at a stalemate, precisely because of protectionist positions of the United States, the European Union and other rich nations.

Developed countries have refused to reduce their subsidies for agricultural products and exports to the extent demanded by underdeveloped nations.

The Davos Forum, meeting in the Swiss mountains, gathers 2,500 participants from 88 countries including 27 Heads of State and Government and 113 ministers and hundreds of presidents and high officials of the largest companies in the world.

The World Social Forum is meeting at the sa

LOL losers there's no recession

stop fucking double digitters and maybe

youd know - its obvious

We better listen to the WTO. They have our best interests at heart. LOL

LOL

Everyone knows that protectionism has always helped out the economy - duh! If an economy has less jobs and doesn't function at all, it means that it's protected - and that's good! Only globalist corp-lovers don't want to steal peoples jobs through protectionism.

http://www.plenglish.com/article.asp?ID={C77B21B6-986B-4728-B75D-4BBB290556C1}&language=EN

LOL losers there's no recession

stop fucking double digitters and maybe

youd know - its obvious

IMO--the resession is very real--and may be globally--and it is because we fucked our 5 digit earners ($100 grand and less)---which is the majority of our civiliation.

I encourage a depression, as it is a cleansing process of this corrupt globalization process--and I am pulling what little money I have in the globalization market--which is all of it. I am not going to support this crap, and I will take the penalties. I hope we hit 1929 or worse again--and I hope we do it soon and get it over with as quickly as we wise up from the pain.

LOL

Everyone knows that protectionism has always helped out the economy - duh! If an economy has less jobs and doesn't function at all, it means that it's protected - and that's good! Only globalist corp-lovers don't want to steal peoples jobs through protectionism.

BWAHAHA, and of course the gdp is the only valid measure of anything. If gdp is up, people should be happy, even if they're maxed out on debt. LOL. Funny. OMGZ!

LOL

Protecting your people from slavery is an exception to the rule IMO, since there is no way we can compete with countries with a slave socieity, and not become slaves ourselfs. That is just common sense--and a reality we are starting to see now.

BWAHAHA, and of course the gdp is the only valid measure of anything. If gdp is up, people should be happy, even if they're maxed out on debt. LOL. Funny. OMGZ!

Give him a break---he does not pay his own bills yet. As he grows up--he will become more consertative. :)

At his present time---he only believes the people that benifit form this crap, and he will not be one of those people. I guess thinking they are friends of his, is good enough to support them.

Last edited:
minority you should have made one of your shifty degrees computer related.

Ya know what---your a fuck head. And I will say that to your face. You want to take cheap pot shots from a computer board (it is all you know).

Pm me your phone number, and I will be happy to talk with you directly, as I would rather set up a personal meeting than to deal with a fuck head with no substance and nothing but insults over a computer screen. If all you want to do is belittle me with absolutly no substance what so ever---Wanna try to belittle me to my face and stick up for what you believe in?

Back