USA’s chronic trade deficits.

Supposn

Verified User

Annual trade deficits are ALWAYS immediately detrimental to their nations’ economies.
There are only two presidential candidates that do actually reject and/or effectively avoid giving any credence to the problem of USA’s chronic global annual trade deficits. Nether Mr. Donald Trump or Senator Bernard Sanders offer any explicit proposal to significantly reduce USA’s annual global trade deficits.

I’m a political orphan with no one I can support.

I’m among the proponents of USA adopting a specific unilateral Import Certificate policy for conducting our global trade of goods. It is a primarily market rather than government driven policy that’s entirely funded by USA purchasers of foreign goods.

Google Wikipedia’s article entitled “Import Certificates”
And/or
The paragraphs entitled “Trade Balances' effects upon their nation’s GDP”
within the article entitled “Balance of trade”.

Respectfully, Supposn

Annual trade deficits are ALWAYS immediately detrimental to their nations’ economies.
There are only two presidential candidates that do actually reject and/or effectively avoid giving any credence to the problem of USA’s chronic global annual trade deficits. Nether Mr. Donald Trump or Senator Bernard Sanders offer any explicit proposal to significantly reduce USA’s annual global trade deficits.

I’m a political orphan with no one I can support.

I’m among the proponents of USA adopting a specific unilateral Import Certificate policy for conducting our global trade of goods. It is a primarily market rather than government driven policy that’s entirely funded by USA purchasers of foreign goods.

And/or

Respectfully, Supposn

I have a trade deficit with my barber and indeed all the merchants I deal with and my economy is fine. How can that be?

That's what small minded people think.

And/or

That's just more of your nonsense. It's not like you actually know what you're talking about.

I have a trade deficit with my barber and indeed all the merchants I deal with and my economy is fine. How can that be?

Stoned, I regret you apparently haven’t read the paragraphs entitled “Trade Balances' effects upon their nation’s GDP” within the article entitled “Balance of trade”.

Do you wish to refute anything it within the cited site? If you disagree with any particular point I’d be pleased to discuss it with you.

Annual trade surpluses ALWAYS indicate their nations’ net trade balance’s direct contribution to their gross domestic products, (i.e. annual GDPs). GDP expresses their entire production of goods and service products.
Annual trade deficits ALWAYS indicate their indirect detriment to their annual GDPs; (it's indirect because we cannot directly attribute what the nation failed to produce).
Trade deficits are also reflected by lesser numbers of jobs, which in turn are detrimental upon the median wage, which in turn is detrimental to the median wage.

Thus trade deficits are particularly detrimental to employees, employees’ families and enterprises that are more dependent upon USA wages and salary levels. That very well describes the vast majority of USA’s middle-income earners, their families and significant proportion, (if not the great majority of USA’s enterprises).

Was your hair cut in a USA or a foreign barbershop?
The benefits due to production are only earned by the producing nations.
After USA products have left their producing facility’s shipping dock or after imported goods enter USA's jurisdiction and then begin being serviced and/or handled by USA labor, there is no economic difference between similar domestic or imported products. Unlike USA production of goods or service products, foreign production does not contribute to USA’s GDP.

and/or

Respectfully, Supposn

Stoned, annual trade deficits are ALWAYS immediately detrimental to their NATIONS' economies; you are not a nation.

Google the paragraphs entitled “Trade Balances' effects upon their nation’s GDP”

Respectfully, Supposn

That's [i.e. annual trade deficits are ALWAYS immediately detrimental to their nations’ economies] what small minded people think.

That's just more of your nonsense. It's not like you actually know what you're talking about.

Mircea, among the majority or at very least a substantial proportion of the world’s creditable economists agree that annual trade deficits are a “drag” upon their nation’s domestic production and thus are a drag upon their numbers of jobs and their wages’ purchasing powers. They do not agree upon the extent of those drags.

If you have detected any logical faults in the referred to paragraphs entitled “Trade Balances' effects upon their nation’s GDP” within the Wikipedia article “Balance of trade”, please share it with us.
A logical critique would have provided creditability to your post.

Respectfully, Supposn

Last edited:
I’m among the proponents of a specific proposed global trade policy for adoption by the USA. The proposal’s described in Wikipedia’s “Import Certificate” article.

The proposed policy is unilateral, substantially market driven and all of its direct net costs are passed onto USA purchasers of foreign goods. This proposal for transferable Import Certificates would enable USA goods to compete with marginally under-priced products of low-wage nations. It also serves as an indirect but effective subsidizer of USA’s exported goods.

Respectfully, Supposn

Back