Using Free Speech To Trigger Others

AProudLefty

Black Kitty Ain't Happy
Let's use Hannibal Lecter as an example. He caused the guy next his cell to swallow his own tongue and kill himself by whispering to him.

Was he directly responsible for it? Does it make him a murderer?

Here's another example. This one is fivehead.

michelle-carter.jpg

They think she was directly responsible for it.

Discussions about politicians doing the same are welcome here.

EDIT - To clarify, it doesn't have to involve causing a murder or suicide. It could be anything.

Last edited:
Some people are 'charismatic' and are like a magnate. Jim Jones and his*People's Temple is an example.
Some people are natural 'Leaders', ... some people are natural 'Followers'.

Some people are 'charismatic' and are like a magnate. Jim Jones and his*People's Temple is an example.
Some people are natural 'Leaders', ... some people are natural 'Followers'.

Yes. The question really is, were they "directly" responsible for it?

People are free to join any cult or organization. That's on them.

Interesting question.

Oh yeah. Someone started a thread on DP or other site, cannot remember exactly. Basically the gist of the argument is that are people responsible for others' actions based on their speeches. It naturally got a lot of angry responses but if you really think about it, it's a good question.

Like, for example, if I said that I wish that person would get beat up badly. And that person gets beaten up badly. Am I responsible for that?

Oh yeah. Someone started a thread on DP or other site, cannot remember exactly. Basically the gist of the argument is that are people responsible for others' actions based on their speeches. It naturally got a lot of angry responses but if you really think about it, it's a good question.

Like, for example, if I said that I wish that person would get beat up badly. And that person gets beaten up badly. Am I responsible for that?

I think the 'word' they use today is: 'Influencer'. Are you a person that has the charisma to influence others.

"What is an Influencer? – Social Media Influencers Defined [Updated 2021]"
https://influencermarketinghub.com/what-is-an-influencer/

There are a lot of that going on around us and nobody bats an eye.

We are so used to ads everywhere that we hardly notice them anymore.

I think this is more an idea of 'finding the right person' to hawk the Product, than the Product. It's not 'just a pretty face' anymore. It's finding a person that people want to follow.

I think this is more an idea of 'finding the right person' to hawk the Product, than the Product. It's not 'just a pretty face' anymore. It's finding a person that people want to follow.

Now you're getting it but ask yourself why they want to follow.

Yes I understand.

Talking to a person involves a vibration in the air that reaches the person's ears. Or, in the case of books, the words involve light travelling to that person's eyes.

Is that person's reaction the responsibility of who made the speech?

Yes I understand.

Talking to a person involves a vibration in the air that reaches the person's ears. Or, in the case of books, the words involve light travelling to that person's eyes.

Is that person's reaction the responsibility of who made the speech?

'Influencers' tend to know they have this magnetic attraction and use it for their advantage. It's usually 'monetary' and we don't blame anybody for making a buck.
You produced the name of 'Charles*Manson'. A Good Example of what I think you are getting at.

Did Charles*Manson have any responsibility for the actions of his Followers?

'Influencers' tend to know they have this magnetic attraction and use it for their advantage. It's usually 'monetary' and we don't blame anybody for making a buck.
You produced the name of 'Charles*Manson'. A Good Example of what I think you are getting at.

Did Charles*Manson have any responsibility for the actions of his Followers?

Exactly. It was a hot topic at the time.

This one explains it: https://allthatsinteresting.com/who-did-charles-manson-kill

Back