Vallejo, Calif. files for bankruptcy protection

uscitizen

Villified User
Vallejo, Calif. files for bankruptcy protection

Saturday May 24, 8:02 AM EDT

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The city of Vallejo filed for bankruptcy protection Friday to deal with a ballooning budget deficit caused by soaring employee costs and declining tax revenue.

The San Francisco Bay area suburb of about 120,000 residents became the largest California city to seek bankruptcy protection.

http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt.jsp?section=news&feed=ap&src=601&news_id=ap-d90s09080&date=20080524

I bet they are inundated with Republicans.

I absolutely love the term "working class".

You would think we lived in Victorian England where idle gentlemen aristocrats wander unchecked and having a job is considered vulgar.

I bet they are inundated with Republicans.

HaHa, I think they have more rappers that have come from Vallejo than Republicans. (Shout out to E-40).

My buddy from high school works for the Vallejo Fire Department (a side note - he was once featured as an elgible bachelor in Jet magazine). I had to leave him a message the other day congratulating the fire and police department for driving the city into bankruptcy. He told me to go to hell. I told him I'd dunk on him. Lovely chap.

Nope, the place is full of liberals.

This line in the story should have given it away.

"Vallejo, a mostly working-class city about 30 miles northeast of San Francisco".

My post was sarcastic, though I'm sure that the overwhelming number of 'working class' enclaves are as well managed as others are, regardless of economic majority.

LMAO.........

Nope, the place is full of liberals.

This line in the story should have given it away.

"Vallejo, a mostly working-class city about 30 miles northeast of San Francisco".

us cit opened a can of worms again...for the record the Mayor Osby Davis is a Liberal...and Gay to boot...Vallejo registered voters are 60% democrat vs 17% republican the remainder a mix of libertarians vegitarians etc!...so it safe to assume that the Liberals put Vallejo in Bankruptcy...

Actually I personally do not give a rats ass about Vallejo, CA. It is just not too often that cities file for bankruptcy.

Back