Vatican Said Some Baptisms Were Fake

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Earlier this year, though, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (the Inquisition, rebranded) declared that any baptisms performed with that modified formula were invalid: The use of the wrong set of words meant they never really became part of the Catholic Church.

In one well-reported case from the Archdiocese of Detroit, a parish priest serving in Utica found out that, according to the Church’s logic, he couldn’t possibly be a priest because he wasn’t even actually a Christian.

Nobody ever would have known, but Father Matthew Hood had a video record of his baptism, dating back to 1990 when camcorders were the hot new tech. He contacted his superiors at the archdiocese when he discovered that the man who baptized him, Deacon Mark Springer, had used the modern communally-oriented formula, effectively failing to baptize him altogether.

It was a fairly destabilizing experience for Father Hood:

It was devastating for me to find that out. There was definitely shock and sadness at finding out 30 years later that I was never baptized. It was an alienating sense that even though I was following the Lord, I wasn’t a Christian, and I wasn’t a priest, and I wasn’t a deacon.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com...m_campaign=Imagine+No+Religion&utm_content=44

Earlier this year, though, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (the Inquisition, rebranded) declared that any baptisms performed with that modified formula were invalid: The use of the wrong set of words meant they never really became part of the Catholic Church.

In one well-reported case from the Archdiocese of Detroit, a parish priest serving in Utica found out that, according to the Church’s logic, he couldn’t possibly be a priest because he wasn’t even actually a Christian.

Nobody ever would have known, but Father Matthew Hood had a video record of his baptism, dating back to 1990 when camcorders were the hot new tech. He contacted his superiors at the archdiocese when he discovered that the man who baptized him, Deacon Mark Springer, had used the modern communally-oriented formula, effectively failing to baptize him altogether.

It was devastating for me to find that out. There was definitely shock and sadness at finding out 30 years later that I was never baptized. It was an alienating sense that even though I was following the Lord, I wasn’t a Christian, and I wasn’t a priest, and I wasn’t a deacon.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com...m_campaign=Imagine+No+Religion&utm_content=44

We don't need a lefty version of Tom and his wonderous blogs.

Last edited:

These are the same people giving America lectures on politics and immigration policy, these fucks who cant even do their days jobs correctly, and who have long had a passion for sexually abusing kids.

Fuck Me.

Well, good thing there is no god.

A lot of Christian rituals were borrowed from other cults in Rome at the time. Baptism and the Eucharist are among them.

Well, good thing there is no god.
A lot of Christian rituals were borrowed from other cults in Rome at the time. Baptism and the Eucharist are among them.

No wonder those "man is God" Christiananality baptize thine eyes by urinations pedophilia have been granted standing under color of law....

Back