War Cabinet Must Not Include Only ‘Conceptzia’ Mongers

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Finance Minister and Religious Zionism Chairman Bezalel Smotrich said during a meeting of his Knesset faction on Monday that, “Unfortunately, the decision to allow the flow of fuel to the Gaza Strip is a grave mistake,” for which he blamed the exclusive group that comprises PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s war cabinet.

Smotrich stated: “I opposed it at the cabinet meeting and I think the way to win the war is to subdue the Hamas state in Gaza and to do that the state system in Gaza must be collapsed, and we should not allow anything that could help Hamas continue to fight and harm our soldiers and citizens.”

The term “conceptzia” is a throwback to the 1973 Yom Kippur War, when the security apparatus poo pooed warnings that the Egyptians and Syrians were about to attack Israel because the paramount thinking held that they couldn’t possibly do it without the benefit of air superiority. In October 2023, the dominant conceptzia suggested Hamas was afraid of an all-out confrontation with Israel and could be tamed with more Israeli work permits for Gazans.

“I ask, how can they do that? How can they put a drop of fuel in there, when they know the Red Cross is not allowed to visit the babies, the children, the women? It’s stupid! It’s a hallucination!

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/le...t-include-only-conceptzia-mongers/2023/11/21/

Back