War on Drugs

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel5
  • Start date Start date
It is not a war on drugs, it is a war on Americans that use drugs. I have seen no prision sentences for illegal drugs, just people.

america declared war on a subset of its population.

This ignoring the fact that growing pot for yourself is in no economic sense "commerce", and in no way is it possible for this to directly affect interstate commerece.

I suppose the argument could be made that the money she spent on the pot seed could've been spent at a store, which could've then contacted a supplier and spent money with it, which would've sent it over state lines. If you just read that, you know how ridiculous and pedantic such an argument is, and how idiotic anyone who accepts it is.

(Scalia)

hi frog

the war on drugs (people) is totally misguided - addiction is a medical problem but the government wants to use the 'punishment cure'

hello dearest! how is life. I agree, totally misguided!

hello dearest! how is life. I agree, totally misguided!

i wondered if i would ever hear from you again

i am more than happy that you have surfaced here

with love,

rich aka rev. rich

as ever, my best to you and your family

with any luck, my wife and i will be taking an inner passage cruise this summer starting in seatle - we hope to see some glaciers before most of them melt

This ignoring the fact that growing pot for yourself is in no economic sense "commerce", and in no way is it possible for this to directly affect interstate commerece.

I suppose the argument could be made that the money she spent on the pot seed could've been spent at a store, which could've then contacted a supplier and spent money with it, which would've sent it over state lines. If you just read that, you know how ridiculous and pedantic such an argument is, and how idiotic anyone who accepts it is.

(Scalia)

would you also then agree that mere possession of a handgun on school property has no connection to interstate commerce?

Hoiw about making the DEA the CEEA. Congressional Ethics Enforcement Agency? They keep an eye on congress for corruption.

The purpose of the war on drugs is to protect people from themselves. But I have no sympathy for deliberately stupid and irresponsible people. I would rather save my money and not spend it on their worthless lives... That is why I oppose the war on drugs.

Back