Watched the new movie "Civil War" last night.

Stone

Contributor
Rented it on Prime. Stupid, totally unrealistic, not very deep or thought provoking. A lot of talk about it so I broke down and rented it. If I would have known what it was actually like I wouldnt have even paid 10 cents for it let alone the early release price. I would have been better off just lighting a handful of money on fire and watching it burn,....more entertaining for the same price..... :laugh:

What were your problems with the film?

I might be nitpicking, but at the end in the White House, a city at war does not have its lights on. In fact, the power would be out in most of the city. Also, a curtain wall around the White House would do little to really protect anything. Curtain wall were never much use in war, and are of absolutely no use in the age of artillery. It would be easier just to bomb the White House from the air, or with artillery.

But overall not a bad film. I could say they showed a shot of a forrest road, with a Georgia rural route sign, and labelled it Newark NJ.... Needless to say that should not have bothered me as much as it did.

Rented it on Prime. Stupid, totally unrealistic, not very deep or thought provoking. A lot of talk about it so I broke down and rented it. If I would have known what it was actually like I wouldnt have even paid 10 cents for it let alone the early release price. I would have been better off just lighting a handful of money on fire and watching it burn,....more entertaining for the same price..... :laugh:
I used the bay of the pirates a couple days ago for it. Very glad I did not fork over any money. If it had been just a film about war photojournalists, etc., that part was decent. But the plot/backstory of the conflict itself was nonsensical. Kirsten Dunst was good in her role though, I've always enjoyed her acting.

Didnt really give any background as to what led to the situation. Texas and California? Ahhh,...yeah. :rolleyes: I can only surmise that what must have happened is the rural people of Cali combined with instate military units stationed there went rogue and took over cali, wiping out most of those in Urban areas. It also mentions that Florida was also part of the alliance which makes a bit more sense. It vaguely gives the impression that the President and most of the U.S Government were totally corrupt as there didnt seem to be too many people shedding any tears as they were overthrown with the president being shot like a dog on the floor. He was a THREE term president.

Also,.....the young woman that was also a photo journalist had that weird Greta Thunberg look to her. Like,....sometimes she looked like a 12 year old kid and in other shots looked like a young early 20's woman. Weird.

Didnt really give any background as to what led to the situation.
The reasons for a civil war, or any war, are often forgotten as the war progresses. We are given vague hints, third term President, disbanded FBI, and used drone strikes against American civilians, but once the war was going for a while, what started the war was not spoken of much.

Texas and California? Ahhh,...yeah. :rolleyes:
That was meant to not let the audience say whether it is right wing or left wing. Once again, it just is.
Also,.....the young woman that was also a photo journalist had that weird Greta Thunberg look to her. Like,....sometimes she looked like a 12 year old kid and in other shots looked like a young early 20's woman. Weird.
We are getting old, and people in their 20's sometimes look teenager to us. Cailee Spaeny is actually 25 years old. I have not seen it, but apparently Spaeny did a great job of playing Priscilla Presley, who also sometimes seemed to shift between 20's and teens... Actually, she was in her teens when Elvis started having sex with her.

The reasons for a civil war, or any war, are often forgotten as the war progresses. We are given vague hints, third term President, disbanded FBI, and used drone strikes against American civilians, but once the war was going for a while, what started the war was not spoken of much.

That was meant to not let the audience say whether it is right wing or left wing. Once again, it just is.

We are getting old, and people in their 20's sometimes look teenager to us. Cailee Spaeny is actually 25 years old. I have not seen it, but apparently Spaeny did a great job of playing Priscilla Presley, who also sometimes seemed to shift between 20's and teens... Actually, she was in her teens when Elvis started having sex with her.
What I find more interesting is that it's the Alt-Right dissing the film and moderates saying "overall not a bad film".

Like 1/6 caused the militias to melt-away back under the rocks in whence they came, the realities of a civil war are more than most Alt-Righties can bear to think about since it busts up their Turner Diary fantasies.

What I find more interesting is that it's the Alt-Right dissing the film and moderates saying "overall not a bad film".

Like 1/6 caused the militias to melt-away back under the rocks in whence they came, the realities of a civil war are more than most Alt-Righties can bear to think about since it busts up their Turner Diary fantasies.
The Turner Diaries destroyed apocalyptic fiction for me. It was a cozy apocalypse, where they destroyed a working system, because there was racial equality. It made me see the narcissism of most apocalyptic fiction.

At least Civil War did not have people easily able to restart civilization from scratch. Most apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic fiction has a gas station attendant "turn on" the nuclear power plant, and easily provide electricity to everyone. The reality is millions of people have to do tens of thousands of different jobs to keep a nuclear power plant operating. Many of those jobs involve decades of education and training.

Back