Waters (D-CA) Calls On Obama To Pass Health Care Without GOP

meme

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) wants Obama to use reconciliation to pass health care reform.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_gWxFGXOnI"]YouTube - Waters (D-CA) Calls On Obama To Pass Health Care Without GOP[/ame]

/scratches head....Waters is in Congress, Obama isn't.....shouldn't she be calling on herself to use reconciliation to pass health care without the Republicans?

/scratches head....Waters is in Congress, Obama isn't.....shouldn't she be calling on herself to use reconciliation to pass health care without the Republicans?

Waters is in the house, and Obama is the leader of the Democratic party. Putting his weight behind reconciliation will do a hell of a lot more than Waters declaring that she's for it.

How so? Is there something I'm missing about passing legislation based on well established rules of parliamentary procedure?

no. it goes more along the lines of the dems not learning anything by seeing the amount of opposition. By even thinking about disregarding such a large portion of the populace is only further pushing more people in to the disenfranchised group. The more people that see they are not being represented by either party, the more violent and partisan things are going to get in the future.

I'm sure you feel similarly committed to the rules of parliamentary procedure when your pet bills are filibustered.

Actually, yes I do. If I recall correctly, it wasn't me that was calling for a change in parliamentary procedure to prohibit filibusters on judicial nominations through a rules change, it was Republicans.

What's that got to do with the current discussion?

Back