We are back up again...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Hopefully this will help with some efficiency issues we've been having. I can see that it isn't an instant fix, but it does set us up for a better migration to new software.

I may just use the new version 6 of vbulletin though...

Sure, Grinder! Your RubElbonian Masters are controlling your site! I totally don't think it's you, Grinder!

I just got another database error failure.

Yeah, I was taking a backup... Tried to sneak one in... It just wasn't as clandestine as I thought it would be. Innodb is supposed to allow backups without locking the tables, apparently the backup still locks out users while it backs itself up...

Yeah, I was taking a backup... Tried to sneak one in... It just wasn't as clandestine as I thought it would be. Innodb is supposed to allow backups without locking the tables, apparently the backup still locks out users while it backs itself up...

Hmmmm.

Is there any reasonable chance that what has happened over the last months is sabotage designed to subvertly wear you out hoping that you will give up and shut down?

Hmmmm.

Is there any reasonable chance that what has happened over the last months is sabotage designed to subvertly wear you out hoping that you will give up and shut down?

No, the site downtime was a clandestine effort to install spyware in order to monitor the keystrokes of trump fans. The "deep state" is watching you, ass-lick.

This must be driving you crazy. Truthfully, each time you work on it the site gets better, but for me it hasn't been 100% yet.

Navigating once I'm here is typically much better, but getting on takes quite a while sometimes.

Eventually you'll chase this down.

This must be driving you crazy. Truthfully, each time you work on it the site gets better, but for me it hasn't been 100% yet.

Navigating once I'm here is typically much better, but getting on takes quite a while sometimes.

Eventually you'll chase this down.

The site response time for me has much improved today, compared to earlier this week.

Seems a lot faster this evening, so far. But then we just replaced the failing eight-year-old router so that also helped. Appreciate the time you put in to keep us operative.

Damo! I just got an ad telling where to pet a cat!

This is how I pet a cat...

N5Squ7H.gif

...except I rarely miss.

Anyway, thanks for keeping things rolling :)

I've just got to say that everything seems to be working better for me, including the home page (though that is still slow and I am working on it). Searches are quicker, posts update faster I get far fewer error screens..

:dunno:

I hope y'all are having the same experience I am.

I've just got to say that everything seems to be working better for me, including the home page (though that is still slow and I am working on it). Searches are quicker, posts update faster I get far fewer error screens..

There are occasional lags but overall it is *much* faster than it was a few days ago.

I find milking a doe to be titillating, while others get the same experience with a billy.

Sorry, I took another backup... Now that I can get full backups again I take at least one per day so that we won't lose data again...

Geebus... I hate it when that crap happens.

Back