We are the majority!

hazlnut

Verified User
Here are some facts:

SCOTUS has already found that an assault weapons ban is Constitutional.

6 in 10 Americans favor sweeping gun safety reforms including an assault weapons ban

Nearly six in 10 Americans want stricter gun laws in the aftermath of the shootings in Connecticut, with majorities favoring a nationwide ban on military-style, rapid-fire weapons and limits on gun violence depicted in video games, movies and TV shows, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.

I personally feel that assault weapons should be a state-by-state issue, but federal law must account for guns that cross state lines, and states with lax laws must comply with provisions that protect people in states that have determined they don't want assault weapons.

The point is, we are the majority, we will protect your 2nd Amendment rights while keeping the public safe.

how do you do that by crippling our ability to maintain the security of a free state?

How is your security threatened?

Who is threatening your security?

Like I said, bans should be state-by-state, let the people of New York decide what's best for them, and let the people of Alabama decide what's best for them AS LONG AS, Alabama cooperates with AFT and FBI in helping stop the trafficking of illegal guns.

The law passed yesterday in New York allows judges to order domestic abusers to surrender their permits and guns. Do you have a problem with this? I wouldn't think so.

But if that domestic abuser crosses state lines to go to a gun show, the gun show dealer must have the most up-to-date data about who he can sell to, agree?

If a private citizen sells to that domestic abuser without doing any due diligence or background checking, then that person should be liable for what ever that gun is used for.

How is your security threatened?

Who is threatening your security?
the intent of the 2nd Amendment is to hold the gov in check. if we're outgunned because of your ban, our security is threatened.

Like I said, bans should be state-by-state, let the people of New York decide what's best for them, and let the people of Alabama decide what's best for them AS LONG AS, Alabama cooperates with AFT and FBI in helping stop the trafficking of illegal guns.
what constitutes an illegal gun if the right 'shall not be infringed'?

The law passed yesterday in New York allows judges to order domestic abusers to surrender their permits and guns. Do you have a problem with this? I wouldn't think so.
so you think that there should be no 5th Amendment rights for those accused of domestic abuse?

But if that domestic abuser crosses state lines to go to a gun show, the gun show dealer must have the most up-to-date data about who he can sell to, agree?
all gun dealers in every state are currently required to fill out a 4473 and get ATF approval. this is nothing new.

If a private citizen sells to that domestic abuser without doing any due diligence or background checking, then that person should be liable for what ever that gun is used for.
should you be held liable for selling a car to a drunk? no, that is just asinine.

Here are some facts:

6 in 10 Americans favor sweeping gun safety reforms including an assault weapons ban

I personally feel that assault weapons should be a state-by-state issue, but federal law must account for guns that cross state lines, and states with lax laws must comply with provisions that protect people in states that have determined they don't want assault weapons.

The point is, we are the majority, we will protect your 2nd Amendment rights while keeping the public safe.

so now criminals will be the only ones to get them, probably supplied by the O admin. to wreak havoc, and then he can institute martial law. You have to be one of the most ignorant posters outside dude, and howie I have come across

Here are some facts:
Normally I'd say that this is a lie, but that requires that you know that what you said is wrong, which I don't believe you do.
So: Your claim is false.

Disagree? Cite the case and the text to that effect.

O R'lyeh? And what court case was that?

You don't support the 2A or any of the Constitution you fascist.

Normally I'd say that this is a lie, but that requires that you know that what you said is wrong, which I don't believe you do.

I posted the case the other day. Find it.

Never thought Scalia could come up with a coherent opinion...

First ban on assault weapons.

nra-outsiders.jpg

Back