We have met the enemy....

midcan5

As I watch this election unfold I am reminded of Ronald Reagan's win over Carter. Jimmy Carter was an outsider, the first to stir up the religious vote and much too serious to be president. American presidents must have chutzpah, they must promise the impossible and then their followers gleefully march over the cliff. Carter didn't have that, Reagan did, and he won and a new America was born. Yea right, same America as before but few looked closely. In no time the fantasy evaporated and taxes were raised and the economy slumped as spending went into a magical defense system. Carter was too much of an outsider for his own party, they fought him every which way, especially since cold war fears managed the minds of congress. Remember Salt.

Which brings us to today. Both Sanders and Trump are outsiders promising a new nirvana, and both appealing to the same crowd that bought into the Reagan myth, a myth that still exists. Hillary and Kasich represent more of the same. Of course nirvana and more of the same both have consequences. Which will it be folks? Doesn't really matter, a bit tongue in cheek.

Fascinating election Trump and Sanders play the same fiddle, again they remind me so much of Reagan: the white working class rising up momentarily, Walmart bag in hand, 'they're outsourcing our work' they say, as they open the door to their Japanese car, admiring the union made Mercedes parked next to them, checking then their Chinese made iphone, and congratulating themselves on their purchases made in Malaysian and Vietnam, as they boo the Union workers protesting their wages at a strike site, not stopping at MacDonald's today as some outside are holding signs for better wages, F them they think, foreign based Burger King today, soon home they realize their internet service is having trouble, the helpline person in Hyderabad, assists them and service is restored, next they watch on their Korean made TV Trump / Sanders criticizing out sourcing and trade agreements as they rest comfortably in the Chinese made furniture assembled somewhere in the anti-union South.....We will be great again....all is well....if only....and so it goes....

"There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve, then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us." Pogo

Last edited:
at least Bernie cares about his fellow Americans

the people who like Trump call caring about others being politically correct.

they lose their selfish minds when they have to think about their fellowman kindly

at least Bernie cares about his fellow Americans

the people who like Trump call caring about others being politically correct.

they lose their selfish minds when they have to think about their fellowman kindly

You think white working Americans are racist scum. To Hell with you and your social justice Marxist agenda. You little progressive feminist bitch. We're sick and tired of your elitism and your blaming the middle class for all the country's problems.

no you fucking racist

I think racists are racists

No you fucking little twit. If you werent so queer, i would have got in line at the college frat house party and stretched your booty - you lying filthy mouthed little twit.

You're a vile mouthed, progressive, race card playing queer, want to be a man and we're going to boot your ass in the upcoming general. Play your race card and try to shut us up - you pig, because we're not listening to you.

You think white working Americans are racist scum. To Hell with you and your social justice Marxist agenda. You little progressive feminist bitch. We're sick and tired of your elitism and your blaming the middle class for all the country's problems.

You are the problem grand wizard, we are never going back to 1950

Vegas would have long odds against Desh having a GED let alone setting foot on a college campus.

No you fucking little twit. If you werent so queer, i would have got in line at the college frat house party and stretched your booty - you lying filthy mouthed little twit.

You're a vile mouthed, progressive, race card playing queer, want to be a man and we're going to boot your ass in the upcoming general. Play your race card and try to shut us up - you pig, because we're not listening to you.
Go back to jail, and get raped again you hillbilly moron

Egads, the level of dialogue above astounds.

outside what?.....

Not sure if that is a serious question or on the same level of dialogue as most right wingers? Jimmy Carter was an outsider and the history of the democrats doing everything they could to make him fail is a less known reality. Book below covers topic as does link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter

http://www.presidentprofiles.com/Kennedy-Bush/Jimmy-Carter-The-outsider-in-washington.html

Below from Goodreads review of 'Liberty Under Siege: American Politics, 1976-1988,' by Walter Karp

"... Karp's central thesis is that entrenched Democratic leaders in Congress (most notably Sen. Byrd and Rep. O'Neill) actively worked to sabotage Carter and strengthen Reagan."

"This book, which is more of a polemic than a history, helped me understand both me understand the politics of this twelve-year span and especially shed light on the destruction of the Carter presidency by the Democratic speaker of the House, Tip O'Neill."

Egads, the level of dialogue above astounds.

Not sure if that is a serious question or on the same level of dialogue as most right wingers? Jimmy Carter was an outsider and the history of the democrats doing everything they could to make him fail is a less known reality. Book below covers topic as does link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter

http://www.presidentprofiles.com/Kennedy-Bush/Jimmy-Carter-The-outsider-in-washington.html

Below from Goodreads review of 'Liberty Under Siege: American Politics, 1976-1988,' by Walter Karp

"... Karp's central thesis is that entrenched Democratic leaders in Congress (most notably Sen. Byrd and Rep. O'Neill) actively worked to sabotage Carter and strengthen Reagan."

"This book, which is more of a polemic than a history, helped me understand both me understand the politics of this twelve-year span and especially shed light on the destruction of the Carter presidency by the Democratic speaker of the House, Tip O'Neill."

Word

I can't ever imagine you having had a good time in college. Of course, you didn't even attend college in the first place, so... :cof1:

Back