We need to do away with the thread rating system

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Incredibly annoying to go to Current Politics today and see all conservative threads downvoted and all liberal threads upvoted or vice versa. It went unused for ages and now is only being used by trolls. Regular users just don't bother with it.

i have no problem either way But I am not sure how intertwined it is. Could be a pain in the ass to remove.

i have no problem either way But I am not sure how intertwined it is. Could be a pain in the ass to remove.

Good point. I have no idea how this forums software works. O_o

I think Damo added the system at some point, I assumed he had turned it on. It may have been part of a general upgrade.

Last edited:
I always peruse the boards using the what's new button....took me a while to find a view that showed the stars, never noticed them before......how does one even give a star to a thread.....I see some that have five stars that only have two posts, both from the dude with the name that looks like a badly combed crew cut......

I always peruse the boards using the what's new button....took me a while to find a view that showed the stars, never noticed them before......how does one even give a star to a thread.....I see some that have five stars that only have two posts, both from the dude with the name that looks like a badly combed crew cut......

For once I agree. Can't that part of the program just be deleted? What use are stars? Like you I was not aware of them until this thread.

I found a setting where I can change the number of votes it takes to show a rating... This isn't something I care too much about, but I didn't see a setting that turned it off. I set it higher than it was, see if that changes things.

I found a setting where I can change the number of votes it takes to show a rating... This isn't something I care too much about, but I didn't see a setting that turned it off. I set it higher than it was, see if that changes things.

should work if you set it to more votes than Legion has sock puppets.....

Back