webbway

Lowaicue

英語在香港
I could not help seeing this juvenile's reference to Mrs Obama as a thread title.
This time he has gone too far.
It maybe that people who sail through life with no responibilities and no respect for themselves or others find that sort of thing fun.
Well, I for one, do not.
My computer is open to my two grandchildren and my wife.
You MUST censure this buffoon.
Of course, once the fool sees this he is quite likely to pee his pants in childish glee. So be it.

I should apologise to Yurt. I now see it was that other fool Webway.

I like a man who can admit when they are wrong. I do not like to censor the board because somebody is offended. You have no guarantee not to be offended on this board.

I like a man who can admit when they are wrong. I do not like to censor the board because somebody is offended. You have no guarantee not to be offended on this board.

No one has suggested you CENSOR the board. The word I used was CENSURE.

There are very few things that offend me (now that that gibbering idiot bush has disappeared) but I think you will agree that unless those who care stand up to be counted then no one and nothing will ever be counted.

It really does seem to me that while the world in general is trying to improve itself and its condition, America wants to cast itself in the worst possible light.
Webbway has offended me and I doubt that there is a woman or a coloured person here who was not offended.

If not for me then censure him for them.

So your relations are offended by Webbway's use of 'cunt', but not your signature line which quotes Billy Bragg saying ''Next time the bankers fuck up I don't lose my house, they lose theirs!'

Pardon me for thinking that you are a hypocrite.

It is a question of degree. Unfortunately the word used by Bragg is becoming more and more common in the media. The word used by Webbway has never been as 'well used' and, of course, Billy Bragg's quotation does not appear as a title of a thread.
The offending word, in case you are interested first appeared in written English as the name of a street in Oxford (Lil ole England) in the 14C when it appeared with the word 'Grope' before it and 'Lane' after.
You are pardoned.

There is no question of degree concerning your hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is an unconscious self-contradiction: a state of incongruence between one's professed beliefs and feelings and one's actual beliefs and feelings, or an application of a criticism to others that one does not apply to oneself.

The applicable word, in case you are interested, dates from the early 13c., from O.Fr. ypocrisie, from L.L. hypocrisis, from Gk. hypokrisis "acting on the stage, pretense.

Silly arse.

Back