Well, I guess Black Voters don't count as "Impressive"

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/barone/2008/2/11/big-wins-for-obama-and-huckabee.html

But a look at the numbers shows that Obama's and Huckabee's successes were limited. Obama's 57-to-36 percent win in Louisiana looks pretty impressive. But remember that it comes in the state with the second-highest black percentage in 2000 (and probably still, despite the outmigration after Katrina).

I'm so sick and tired of the media (and Bill Clinton) construing Obama's victory as merely a formula of race.

He's also won 57% or higher in Utah, illinois and kansas. This Michael Barone can shove it out his @$$.

The majority of the Democratic party of Louisiana (as in Mississippi) is probably black. Black voters will vote for Obama with a huge supermajority, but white Democrats voters will do the opposite. The day a black man gets a large number of white votes in Mississippi or Louisiana will probably be well after both of us are dead and gone.

yah press is getting little to lax in regards to splitting up the country into groups Latinos, Asians, blacks, whites, woman, men, high income low income..

distasteful if nothing else.

I mean, Obama is just expected to do well amongst blacks.

If a white Republican won a bunch of black votes, it would be impressive. A black Demcoratic liberal, not so much.

I mean, Obama is just expected to do well amongst blacks.

If a white Republican won a bunch of black votes, it would be impressive. A black Demcoratic liberal, not so much.

That not necessarily true and in fact Clinton was polling pretty well until recently.

The majority of the Democratic party of Louisiana (as in Mississippi) is probably black. Black voters will vote for Obama with a huge supermajority, but white Democrats voters will do the opposite. The day a black man gets a large number of white votes in Mississippi or Louisiana will probably be well after both of us are dead and gone.

Obama did much better among whites in Lousianna than Clinton did among blacks.

Jesse Jackson won South Carolina in '84 and '88. Jackson ran a good campaign. And Obama ran a good campaign here.

Which won't be long if you keep saying "ding ding."

Back