What do Ron Paul Supporters Think of This?

Good Luck

Does this belong in the conspiracy section, or does RP have enough validity to think about it seriously?

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo29Oa-e61I&watch_response&fmt=18

It does sound a bit conspiratorial, but the cynic in me doesn't necessarily doubt that the level of collusion between government and the most powerful corporate interests is much greater than we might think. The world government rhetoric doesn't serve RP well, but nobody's perfect.

It does sound a bit conspiratorial, but the cynic in me doesn't necessarily doubt that the level of collusion between government and the most powerful corporate interests is much greater than we might think. The world government rhetoric doesn't serve RP well, but nobody's perfect.
Doesn't serve him well because it sounds so far fetched?

I think it is beyond the point where he could possibly stand to gain from crying wolf - or any other political maneuvers for that matter. That is why his claim is enough to give me pause to wonder. I've heard such for quite some time from both far right and far left conspiracy "enthusiasts". But it surprises me quite a bit to hear someone like RP talking about it.

Doesn't serve him well because it sounds so far fetched?

I think it is beyond the point where he could possibly stand to gain from crying wolf - or any other political maneuvers for that matter. That is why his claim is enough to give me pause to wonder. I've heard such for quite some time from both far right and far left conspiracy "enthusiasts". But it surprises me quite a bit to hear someone like RP talking about it.

I could see why you might feel that way. I didn't listen to the entire program, but if you carefully listen to Ron's words, he avoids directly asserting conspiracy theories. He very much indulges the host (who certainly does use CT rhetoric) at times, but he seemed to dance around some of these issues deftly; he addresses each point as much as he can without directly engaging in CT rhetoric.

If I were in his shoes, I would avoid this kind of crap, because it really discredits the entire libertarian movement. Ron could have just said, "well, if that were true, I would oppose this because..."

I could see why you might feel that way. I didn't listen to the entire program, but if you carefully listen to Ron's words, he avoids directly asserting conspiracy theories. He very much indulges the host (who certainly does use CT rhetoric) at times, but he seemed to dance around some of these issues deftly; he addresses each point as much as he can without directly engaging in CT rhetoric.

If I were in his shoes, I would avoid this kind of crap, because it really discredits the entire libertarian movement. Ron could have just said, "well, if that were true, I would oppose this because..."
I don't see where he "avoids directly asserting conspiracy theories" as you put it. In one part he says that the current relative stability of the dollar is being orchestrated in waiting for the summit taking place this weekend. He also states quite definitively he expects them to announce a new world reserve, a new world currency, and world economic regulations which he thinks Obama is going to agree to.

Listen to all of it. Like I said, I do not see where RP would gain politically for promoting scare tactic CTs like this. The alternative is that RP actually believes a move toward a world economy, and - as he puts it - the beginning of the end to our national sovereignty is in the works.

I don't see where he "avoids directly asserting conspiracy theories" as you put it. In one part he says that the current relative stability of the dollar is being orchestrated in waiting for the summit taking place this weekend. He also states quite definitively he expects them to announce a new world reserve, a new world currency, and world economic regulations which he thinks Obama is going to agree to.

Listen to all of it. Like I said, I do not see where RP would gain politically for promoting scare tactic CTs like this. The alternative is that RP actually believes a move toward a world economy, and - as he puts it - the beginning of the end to our national sovereignty is in the works.
Do you believe as much?

Do you believe as much?
Like I said, I have heard the world bank/world currency/end of the U.S. dollar claims from other sources - and basically dismissed them as fear mongering from the extreme right.

But Ron Paul is a man who I have not previously thought of as a fear monger or conspiracy nut. Hearing him repeat the world currency rumors caught me by surprise. So I thought I would ask those who actively supported RPs run for the presidency what they think.

Back