What does 9-11 have to do with Iraq... BUSH: "Nuthing"

Poor Dixie, if he did see it he would have no choice but to call Bush a Terrorist loving turbo lib...

I just can't see how this is news? The same question asked and answered in the same manner as I saw on an interview a while back...

They are getting into repetitive questioning now and I'm supposed to be all shocked? I don't get it, what is this thread for anyway?

(LOL... Had a picture of Homer Simpson, "What where am I? Do you want Old Man Damocles with his finger on the button?")

The reason its news it because the Turbo-Cons still refuse to belive it, they wont listen to Bush when he says it and refuse to admit he said it!

Bush merges 9-11 with Iraq in every speech he makes but when asked outright denies a connection. Its news because Bush's rhetoric is inconsistant with his direct answers, and it fools the far right every time!

ITs news because Bush continues to be intentionally misleading with his rhetoric.

GEORGE BUSH: "You can't distinguish between al Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror!"

-DICK CHENEY: "It's been pretty well confirmed that Mohammed Atta met with Iraqi intelligence in Prague!"

-DICK CHENEY: "If we're successful in Iraq . . . then we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."

-GEORGE BUSH: "By invading Iraq, we've removed an ally of al qaeda!"

GEORGE BUSH: "You can't distinguish between al Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror!"

-DICK CHENEY: "It's been pretty well confirmed that Mohammed Atta met with Iraqi intelligence in Prague!"

-DICK CHENEY: "If we're successful in Iraq . . . then we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."

-GEORGE BUSH: "By invading Iraq, we've removed an ally of al qaeda!"

YESTERDAY...

Q: What does 9-11 have to do with Iraq?
BUSH: NUTHING.

When you talk about the war on terror. One is an event, the other is a current war...

To say that means that Iraq is about 9/11 is ridiculous spin...

And the "ally" thing... Please. That's like saying it is Israel's fault when we went into Somalia. They are an ally, but that doesn't mean that they are involved in every action we take. The same could be said of another ally...

These are just silly attempts to associate the two by the opposition, not even one of those says that Iraq was involved in 9/11.

When you talk about the war on terror. One is an event, the other is a current war...

To say that means that Iraq is about 9/11 is ridiculous spin...

And the "ally" thing... Please. That's like saying it is Israel's fault when we went into Somalia. They are an ally, but that doesn't mean that they are involved in every action we take. The same could be said of another ally...

These are just silly attempts to associate the two by the opposition, not even one of those says that Iraq was involved in 9/11.

First of all, leaving aside that most of those were lies (i.e, al qaeda was an ally of Iraq), lets remind ourselves that these statementents were intended to conflate iraq with al qaeda, in an attempt to mislead the american people into making the connnection Iraq-Al Qaeda-9/11.

You can be "technically" telling the truth, but still be lying if your intent is to mislead. Misleading is the very definition of a lie.

First of all, leaving aside that most of those were lies (i.e, al qaeda was an ally of Iraq), lets remind ourselves that these statementents were intended to conflate iraq with al qaeda, in an attempt to mislead the american people into making the connnection Iraq-Al Qaeda-9/11.

You can be "technically" telling the truth, but still be lying if your intent is to mislead. Misleading is the very definition of a lie.

That is my point. Restating that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 when he has said this from the beginning is bullpucky. It still doesn't change the fact he will continue to use them in close proximity in conversation...

"Associating them in the minds" of people is simply not enough of a news item to make it worthy of a news story. It is plain boring, it is repetitive, and it won't move one single person one way or the other.

OMGz!!! a politician is using words to get an idea accross!!!!! I'm stunned....

:cig:

The situation in Iraq is a result of Bush's actions. He caused a situation where it will be very messy to pullout, thus ensuring the continued profits of the military industrial machine

//

I think the point here is that idea was/is a lie.

//

I think the point here is that idea was/is a lie.

Except, even as you have stated, or somebody from your side in this thread, it "technically" isn't a lie. Once again, it has become pointless repetition of the most boring argument.

There are plenty of arguments to make against the war, but the "This is a lie" one is disingenuous especially when even those on your side realize it isn't "technically" a lie.

Back